Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Can't save

Can't save

Today I downloaded the latest OpenModelica (revision 13047) and removed the older version (which had the same problem).

When I create a new Model in a package it doesn't get saved. I have tried to save everything (select the model, press save, select the package which contains the model, press save, etc...) but. When I close OpenModelica and restart it the model is gone. Everytime I press save I get the message: The Model '......' is contained inside a package. It is automatically saved when you save the package.

For example we have the following code:

package PleaseDontThrowAway
  model Test1
    parameter Real aVariable;
  end Test1;
end PleaseDontThrowAway;

Then after closing and reopening we get:

package PleaseDontThrowAway
  end PleaseDontThrowAway;

Sometimes however the save does work, then OpenModelica will also ask with what name to save and then I don't get the previous message.

I performed the following action
-  I deinstalled Dymola, still the same problem.
- I restarted the computer
- I removed and reinstalled the latest version of OpenModelica (revision 13047)

Hope this is helpfull.

Regards Arne

Re: Can't save

We've seen this kind of thing over and over with OMedit.  It seems to save some things, and not others.  I've more or less given up on using it to edit models.  Emacs is fine, but you can't really edit the graphics of the models with it.

Re: Can't save

That's a bummer

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: