Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

MDT on OSX (MAC)

MDT on OSX (MAC)

I installed the MDT plugging in eclipse.

I get the warning that it is no officially supported on OSX. Is this correct?

I also get the error "problems while communicating with the Open modelica compiler".
I use eclipse 4.2.0 and OMC 1.8.1.

OMEdit is working:-) So i assume the environment variables are set oké.
But i would like to use the features of MDT.

So the questions are: Should MDT work on the mac? If yes what should i check/adapt to get it working?

kind regards
Dick Barends

Re: MDT on OSX (MAC)

Hi,

To check if MDT connection to OMC is working you can open a .mo file and
see if in the status bar you have something like: OpenModelica Compiler 1.8.1+ (rNNNNN) is Online.

In general you can safely ignore "problems while communicating with the Open modelica compiler".

The sources are here:
https://openmodelica.org/svn/MDT/trunk/
user: anonymous
pass: none <-- write none here.
Feel free to hack them away.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Hi,

I do get the "Openmodelica compiler null is online"

I use the following environment variables.
OPENMODELICAHOME=/opt/openmodelica
OPENMODELICALIBRARY=/opt/openmodelica/lib/omlibrary
Is this correct?

Dick

Hi,

Inside eclipse goto Windows->Preferences then select Modelica and then inside "OpenModelica Compiler (OMC) Binary" section choose "use custom binary" and specify the path where your omc is located.

Adeel.

Hi,

I did what you suggested, it did not work. I get the message listed below.

eclipse.buildId=I20120608-1400
java.version=1.6.0_33
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=nl_NL
Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/dbarends/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/dbarends/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Error
Mon Jul 09 19:23:17 CEST 2012
Unable to read OpenModelica Compiler CORBA object from /tmp/openmodelica.dbarends.objid.mdt

org.modelica.mdt.core.compiler.ConnectException: Unable to read OpenModelica Compiler CORBA object from /tmp/openmodelica.dbarends.objid.mdt
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.readObjectFromFile(OMCProxy.java:194)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.init(OMCProxy.java:450)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.sendExpression(OMCProxy.java:534)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.getCompilerVersion(OMCProxy.java:1064)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.getCompilerName(OMCProxy.java:1084)
    at org.modelica.mdt.core.CompilerProxy.getCompilerName(CompilerProxy.java:187)
    at org.modelica.mdt.internal.core.ErrorManager.showCompilerError(ErrorManager.java:154)
    at org.modelica.mdt.ui.text.ModelicaCodeResolver.getClassAt(ModelicaCodeResolver.java:340)
    at org.modelica.mdt.ui.editor.ModelicaEditor.getElementAt(ModelicaEditor.java:821)
    at org.modelica.mdt.ui.editor.ModelicaEditor.computeHighlightRangeSourceReference(ModelicaEditor.java:766)
    at org.modelica.mdt.ui.editor.ModelicaEditor.selectionChanged(ModelicaEditor.java:638)
    at org.modelica.mdt.ui.editor.ModelicaEditor$EditorSelectionChangedListener.selectionChanged(ModelicaEditor.java:513)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.firePostSelectionChanged(TextViewer.java:2755)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.firePostSelectionChanged(TextViewer.java:2703)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer$5.run(TextViewer.java:2682)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.timerProc(Display.java:4697)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:5455)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.OS.objc_msgSendSuper(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.applicationNextEventMatchingMask(Display.java:4873)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.applicationProc(Display.java:5239)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.OS.objc_msgSend(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.NSApplication.nextEventMatchingMask(NSApplication.java:94)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3613)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:916)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:540)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)

Hi,

Can you check if this file really exists /tmp/openmodelica.dbarends.objid.mdt ?
Also make sure that eclipse has rights to read this file.

Adeel.

Adeel: The file will *not* be generated in /tmp on OSX. The temp-directory on OSX is much more complicated (look into the sources for OMEdit to see where to look).

OMEdit uses Qt's default functions to get the temp directory for any platform. I was expecting that something similar was done in MDT as well, but surprisingly the /tmp/ value was hard coded there current/smile
I have fixed it now.

Adeel.

Update your MDT to 0.7.28.
From eclipse Help->Check for updates

Adeel.

Adeel,

It works:-) The compiler is recognized.

Thanks very much. It was late last night for you 2:55:48 (early morning).

Dick

Hi,

I tried to install MDT on my OSX mac.

The installation seems all well but the the when i open a new project , the modelica standard librarys are not being loaded. In the heirachy when i click on the library it is empty. I am not sure how to rectify it . In the binary in the Eclipse preference i have changed to 'use custom binary' and specified the path where omc is located.
Could you help me this ?

config details
OpenModelica 1.9.1
Eclipse 4.2.2

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: