Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMEdit: preserving plot variable selection in between simulation runs?

OMEdit: preserving plot variable selection in between simulation runs?

Hi all,

OMEdit doesn't preserve the selection of plot variables in between simulation runs when using the default settings of the user interface. So i have to check the boxes of all variables i want to have plot once again after a new simulation run in order to see their plots, even when they had been checked before.

Can i get OMEdit to preserve the plot variable selection in between simulation runs?

--Paul

Re: OMEdit: preserving plot variable selection in between simulation runs?

Hello Paul,

No, its not possible. OMEdit use the result file to read the plot varibales and when you do re-simulation the result file is created again which means OMEdit has to read it again. However, you can generate a new result file. In the Simulation box got to output tab and set File Name. This will tell OpenModelica compiler to create a result file with this name which means you get a new file. Then OMEdit plot is not cleared out.

Adeel.

Re: OMEdit: preserving plot variable selection in between simulation runs?

Hi Adeel,

thanks for your answer. Your solution works fine, however i have to name an output file with each new simulation. Anyway, it saves from checking all the boxes again.

Thanks again
--Paul

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: