Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

fullRobot Model

fullRobot Model

Hi!

I wanted to simulate the fullRobot and oneAxis Model from the library.
After half an hour of compiling and simulating, I came to the Plotting Area for the oneAxis Model, but there wasn't anything to select and plot..
Then I tried to simulate the fullRobot Model, but after nearly an hour of compiling and simulating I cancelled it with no output at all...
Took simply too long.
Anyone with the same probloms or can anyone help me?

I'm using OMEdit 1.8

Thanks, Fabian

Re: fullRobot Model

Hi,

There's definitely something strange with the model simulation.
From what I can see from OMEdit logs it takes: 279.89 secs (4.6 minutes) to build the model (about 1 minute to run gcc).
Seems our back-end is a bit slow as it only takes 5.6 seconds to flatten the model (i.e. via instantiateModel(...)).
buildModel(Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Systems.RobotR3.fullRobot,startTime=0.0, stopTime=2.0, numberOfIntervals=500, method="dassl", tolerance=0.000001, outputFormat="mat") 23:43:34:465
{"C:/Users/adrpo/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenModelica/OMEdit/Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Systems.RobotR3.fullRobot","Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Systems.RobotR3.fullRobot_init.xml"} 23:48:14:355
Elapsed Time :: 279.89 secs

Then it starts the executable which doesn't seem to progress at all.
Seems it gets stuck at initialization (I ran the executable from the command line with debug flags)
Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Systems.RobotR3.fullRobot.exe -lv LOG_DEBUG
info    | nelderMeadEx_initialization | initialization-nr. 0
and here it gets stuck. I'll add this as a bug so we can look at it.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Re: fullRobot Model

I now added bug:
https://openmodelica.org:8443/cb/issue/1664
about this.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic