Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMEdit Windows QT

OMEdit Windows QT

Hi,i have tried  to build the OMEdit(in "\OpenModelica\OMEdit\OMEditGUI") under the windows with QT SDK.
After following the steps in the Readme, it show me  "can not find 'omc_communication.cc' and 'omc_communication.h'". I copied them(Found these two under in '\OpenModelica\Compiler\runtime') , but can not find 'corba.h'.
The .pro show me the includepath contain '$$(OMDEV)/lib/omniORB-4.1.4-mingw/include', but i found 'corba.h' in '$$(OMDEV)/lib/omniORB-4.1.4-mingw/include/omniORB4'. I added the path into the includepath, more errors appear.
If i should install anything else?

Edited by: YangH - Nov-27-11 18:32:55

Re: OMEdit Windows QT

Hi,

You need to built omc_communication.cc again using the omniidl.exe. I guess the one located in /OpenModelica/Compiler/runtime is build using mico. The omniidl.exe is located at '\OMDev\lib\omniORB-4.1.4-mingw\bin\x86_win32\omniidl.exe'. You need to give idl file to omniidl.exe and the idl file is located here, '\OpenModelica\Compiler\runtime\omc_communication.idl'

Adeel.

i typed 'omniidl -bcxx omc_communication.idl', there generated ‘omc_communicationSK.cc’ and 'omc_communication.hh', changed the name of  'omc_communicationSK.cc’ into 'omc_communication.cc’ . copied them into '\OpenModelica\OMEdit\OMEditGUI'.
it told me can not find 'stdint.h', found it under '\OMdev\tools\mingw\include' and copied it into the project folder.
error appeared:
\OMDev\lib\omniORB-4.1.4-mingw\include\omniORB4/corbaidl_defs.hh(2026) : error C2039: “LongDouble”: is not  member of “CORBA”.

Your generated file omc_communication.h line 6 should be,

#include <omniORB4/CORBA.h>

your error indicates that it is,

#include <CORBA.h>

Try this command it will create correct files with appropriate extensions,

omniidl.exe -bcxx -Wbh=.h -Wbs=.cc omc_communication.idl

Adeel.

My generated file omc_communication.h line 6 is
#include <omniORB4/CORBA.h>.
I've tried 'omniidl.exe -bcxx -Wbh=.h -Wbs=.cc omc_communication.idl'  and copied them into OMEditGUI.
But the same errors are still there.

Hi,

Can you make sure your OMDEV environment variable is set up properly? Also i would like to know how you are compiling the project. Mingw is provided by QT so you should not get error for any Mingw header files.

Adeel.

I've rebuild the OpenModelica source code with Eclipse, OMDEV = C:\OMDev.
I installed 'Qt_SDK_Win_offline_v1_1_4_en.exe' and opened the .pro without any change.
The Project tab : (generated automatically)
version:Qt 4.7.4 for Desktop -Msvc2008(Qt SDK)
Build Steps:
                      Make : jom.exe in ......;
                      qmake: qmake.exe OMEditGUI.pro -r -spec win32-msvc2008

You need Mingw based Qt since the OmniORB you find out in OMDEV is build using Mingw.
OR
Build your own OmniORB using MSVC (if you really want to use it).

Adeel.

I reinstalled my QTSDK, and selected the MIngW compiler like this:
Qt version: Qt 4.7.4
Tool chain: MingW(x86 32bit)
qmake: qmake.exe OMEditGUI.pro -r -spec win32-g++
Make: mingw32-make.exe in ....(I covered the default migw32-make with the mingw32-make in OMDEV/tool/bin).
error :
c:/omdev/tools/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lOMPlot

Compile OMPlot. OMPlot is located at /OpenModelica/OMPlot/OMPlotGUI. You need to compile a lib so use the OMPlotLib.pro. Put the generated libOMPlot in the bin directory of OMPlot.

Adeel.

Solved!!!!
Thank you!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: