Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Question about OMShell

Question about OMShell

Hello people!

I want to do a interactive simulation on the OMShell but I don't know how to do it. Specifically, I want to simulate a model and read/change some parameters in simulation time. Is that possible through OMShell? If it is not possible, how can i achieve it?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos

Re: Question about OMShell

OMShell cannot perform interactive simulations. The only client shipped with OpenModelica that can do this is OMEdit.

Thank you very much. The point is that I wanted to do a real-time simulation exchanging data between Java and model in OM. I found a client in Java-Corba to communicate with OM through commands (as in OMShell). With you information I guess that it is impossible to do the real-time simulation with this client. Then, do you know how can I perform this simulation?

Thank you again!

Do what OMEdit does and program your own interactive client.

Read the system documentation CHAPTER 6 INTERACTIVE SIMULATION FACILITIES https://openmodelica.org/svn/OpenModeli … System.pdf
(user: anonymous password: none (4 letters)).

Ok, thanks you a lot.

Hi,

You can contact Parham at EADS (parham <DOT> vasaiely <AT> eads <DOT> com) as he already implemented an interactive client in Java.
As far as I know the client is part of ModelicaML and I think the code is here:
https://openmodelica.org/svn/MDT/trunk/ … simulation
user: anonymous
pass: none

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Hi Adrian,

I will write him immediatly. To program my own client from the beggining will consums a lot time since I don't cover that topic very well. Thanks Adrian

Cheers,
Carlos

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic