Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

describing domain PDE

describing domain PDE

I'm trying to describe a partial differential equation with modelica.
I've found some papers on Internet about method of lines, but I prefer the way used by Peter  Fritzson in his book "Principles of object-oriented modeling and simulation with Modelica"
Unfortunately I don't  have it yet, I've just made an order, for now I'm reading some parts on google books.
http://books.google.com/books?id=IzqY8A … mp;f=false
But I'm not able to sort out.

It's a simple equation a first order PDE
pdS/pdt=-v pdS/pdx -r/rho

It's exactly the same case of the section 8.5.2.2  pag 266
I've defined the model, then the record DomainLine1DGrid, the function Line1Dfunc, the record FieldLine1DGrid.

I've some problem to specify the 1D domain.
I need to define a domain as a region enclosed by two point.
I don't figure out how I can define the type DomainGe1D and the record GeomLine.

can I ask you your help?
does anyone have any idea?

Re: describing domain PDE

I'd also like to know in what kind of structure S (the the dependent variable of the pde)  is stored.
S is a matrix, isn't it?
So on the rows there is the S in function of time and on the columns there is S  in function of the space, can it be?
I've asked that because I need to use the variable S into an integral made from space

Re: describing domain PDE

I am trying the same thing. maybe you can share your code? I tried this and got some errors.

Edited by: foadsf - Aug-04-17 16:19:38
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic