Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Development issues

Development issues

I want to add OMC as a component to a project we are doing now. How can I implement it? Thank you.

Re: Development issues

Hi,I see your topic about Compile OMedit in QT.How to set the environment and the tool chain in Qt Creator?Thanks.

278067605 wrote:

I want to add OMC as a component to a project we are doing now. How can I implement it? Thank you.

How do you want to use it? Interactively like a server via ZMQ or Corba or direct calls via dlls/so?
Is also possible to call omc via your tool as a different process.

i want to directly calls via dlls/so,How can I implement it?
I have Compiled OMC,but it seems not run.

i want to use modelica omc as a part in my project,so that i can use it to simulate soming.

Edited by: 278067605 - Apr-21-22 08:39:00

adrpo wrote:

278067605 wrote:

How do you want to use it? Interactively like a server via ZMQ or Corba or direct calls via dlls/so?
Is also possible to call omc via your tool as a different process.

i want to use dlls to use it ,it will be a part of my project

278067605 wrote:

If you want to use it as a DLL, your whole project needs to become GPL-licensed though. You can see how OMEdit uses the OMC DLL if you want an example of how to use it in that way.

sjoelund.se wrote:

278067605 wrote:

If you want to use it as a DLL, your whole project needs to become GPL-licensed though. You can see how OMEdit uses the OMC DLL if you want an example of how to use it in that way.

do you have some suggestion?like help documents?

278067605 wrote:

sjoelund.se wrote:

278067605 wrote:

do you have some suggestion?like help documents?

if  i want to  server via ZMQ or Corba,do you have some help docoments? thank you very much!

sjoelund.se wrote:

278067605 wrote:

hi,if i want to use omc via  ZMQ or Corba what should i do?
thanks!

278067605 wrote:

sjoelund.se wrote:

278067605 wrote:

hi,if i want to use omc via  ZMQ or Corba what should i do?
thanks!

For ZMQ/CORBA it depends on what language you are using. If it's a Python application, using OMPython is very simple. Otherwise, it's just starting the omc.exe with some flags:

Code:

$ omc --interactive=zmq --locale=C -z=myrandomstring

Created ZeroMQ Server.
Dumped server port in file: /tmp/openmodelica.martin.port.myrandomstring

and then reading that file for the settings to use in your ZMQ library to connect to the running server.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: