Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Running on Mac in Docker

Running on Mac in Docker

I have successfully run (the amazing) OMEdit 1.18.0~dev-109-ged8ef0a from here.  I understand that for now the Mac builds will not be updated due to resource constraints.

I have tried to run the docker container connected to XQuartz following these instructions and the demo using gns3/xeyes works however I can't get openmodelica to work.  There doesn't seem to be any error or logs.  Does anyone know what I need to change with this docker run command to get it to work on Mac?

socat TCP-LISTEN:6000,reuseaddr,fork UNIX-CLIENT:\"$DISPLAY\"   # run in separate console   

IP=$(ifconfig en0 | grep inet | awk '$1=="inet" {print $2}')
    docker run -d --name OMEdit -e DISPLAY=$IP:0 --privileged -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix openmodelica/openmodelica:v1.18.0-gui

The docker run command exits (with success '0' exit code) but nothing seems to happen.  Running `docker start OMEdit` also exits very quickly (again with success '0' exit code).

Many thanks,
ajp

Re: Running on Mac in Docker

I would run it with "docker run -it ..." and then start OMEdit from inside. Then there's a chance to look at logs, etc

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic