Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Issue with Modelica.SIunits.HeatFlowRate not being in the scope I made

Issue with Modelica.SIunits.HeatFlowRate not being in the scope I made

Hello I was following a Modelica tutorial found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esSMzMC … =BenkyTech by the channel "Benky Tech" At 7:12 Benky makes a scope called Heatport and uses Modelica.SIunits.HeatFlowRate but when I do the same thing I get the error message "[1] 12:47:53 Translation Error
[Alejandro_HeatExampleOneText: 7:3-7:47]: Class Modelica.SIunits.HeatFlowRate not found in scope Heatport.". I am not really sure how to fix this and I did not see how to do it online. What I have written is:
partial connector Heatport
  //Potential Varible
  Modelica.SIunits.TemperatureDifference T "unit=K";
  //Flow Varible
  Modelica.SIunits.HeatFlowRate Q "units=Watt";
end Heatport;

Re: Issue with Modelica.SIunits.HeatFlowRate not being in the scope I made

If you are using Modelica Standard Library (MSL) version 3.2.3 the model is called `Modelica.SIunits.HeatFlowRate`, so it is the Model HeatFlowRate in package SIunits. That's probably the MSL version used in the video.
But you are probably using MSL version 4.0.0 (current default) where the SIunits package was renamed/moved to `Units.SI`. In that case you'll need to use `Modelica.Units.SI.HeatFlowRate`.

One way to find moved models while following the video would be to use the library browser to search for models in the loaded libraries. Another option is to use MSL 3.2.3. In OMEdit you'll need to open the options at `Tools->Options`, go to `Libraries ` and edit the system library `Modelica` to use version `3.2.3`.

Edited by: AnHeuermann - Sep-19-21 18:43:42
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: