Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Possible bug with curved bend

Possible bug with curved bend

Hi, This is my first post on this forum. Please forgive me if I post this sub-forum is not the correct location for this post.

I'm also very new to Modelica and OpenModelica and this report might also be due to my lack of understanding of Modelica and how to use it.

In one of my first applications I tried to simulate flow between two tanks though pipes and bends. Here, I stumbled upon a compilation issue when using the Modelica.Fluid.Fittings.Bends.CurvedBends model.

In the definition of the CurvedBend it defines the geometry parameter:

parameter Modelica.Fluid.Fittings.BaseClasses.Bends.CurvedBend.Geometry geometry

This geometry parameter is sent to Modelica.Fluid.Dissipation.PressureLoss.Bend.dp_curvedOverall_MFLOW, but the dp_curvedOverall_MFLOW function expects a parameter of type Modelica.Fluid.Dissipation.PressureLoss.Bend.dp_curvedOverall_IN_con (not Geometry).

This resulted in a crash while compiling the model. When I duplicated the CurvedBends model and replaced the geometry parameter above with:

parameter Modelica.Fluid.Dissipation.PressureLoss.Bend.dp_curvedOverall_IN_con geometry

The simulation worked and the results look reasonable.

This makes me believe that there is an inconsistency in the CurvedBends library in the Modelica package. However, if someone with more detailed knowledge of Modelica could give their input to this issue I would be grateful.

Best regards,
bluefjord

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: