Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Simulation crash reporting exit code -1073741819

Simulation crash reporting exit code -1073741819

Good morning.
I'm simulating a 'Valve Control System' including two valves (electro-mechanical) and their Hbridges both switching @ 1kHz (I'm using the library model). Moreover there're two FMUs of the control algorithm and the thermo-hydraulic feedback of the thermal-cooling loop.

If I simulate 1 second I got correct results. If I go above (e.g. 1.2s) the simulation crashes providing the following error:

Process crashed
Simulation process failed. Exited with code -1073741819.

I noticed that changing the Integration method I got some errors related to the Hbridge model. Therefore, I tried to provide a constant voltage to the motors instead of the PWM coming from the Hbridge and in this case the simulation go ahead without problems.

So, I tried to also to tweak the Simulation Interval and Integration Tolerance but I get the same error.

Do you have any suggestion in order to avoid this convergence problem? Is there any possibility it is related to the number of variables? What's curious is that I'm able only to simulate 1 second.

Do you have any other possible 'Simulation setup' I can try with this type of system?

I'm open to provide you any info in order to debug this issue.

I really appreciate your help!

Re: Simulation crash reporting exit code -1073741819

In some way things are going better with OM 64bit, although I get the following warning:

Chattering detected around time 1.00000000014e-010..0.0253192442373 (100 state events in a row with a total time delta less than the step size 1). This can be a performance bottleneck. Use -lv LOG_EVENTS for more information. The zero-crossing was: hBridge_CM.leg2.diode_n_leg1.s < 0.0

Is there any simulator option to avoid it?

I've written in several forums in my life and never had the same experience like in this. Written here 3 posts never got an answer. Is there any filter you apply to which posts are important and which not? I'm trying to take confidence with OpenModelica and perhaps to spread out my knowledge within my Company but without a reliable support this is becoming very difficult.
OM, moreover report in its Trac page that End-user feedback are very important to improve OM. This is what I'm trying to do.

I'd appreciate your feedback mainly to understand if I'm doing something wrong in the way to write my posts. Perhaps for you to manage efficiently so many posts would be easier to provide a template to simply fill-in a post.

Regards.

Sorry. This happens sometimes as unfortunately we are not modelers and you seem to have an issue with modeling.

You might get some answers about the modeling issues if you ask the question on:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/modelica
or Discord:
https://discord.gg/yVPckG5N

Your description of the problem is rather vague. You seem to also have some FMUs in your model.
Are you simulating with OMSimulator? With OpenModelica? What version? I guess your OS is Windows but I'm not sure.

Can you send us your model so we can debug with it? If is not public you can send it to us via email at OpenModelica@ida.liu.se.

adrpo wrote:

Sorry. This happens sometimes as unfortunately we are not modelers and you seem to have an issue with modeling.

You might get some answers about the modeling issues if you ask the question on:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/modelica
or Discord:
https://discord.gg/yVPckG5N

Your description of the problem is rather vague. You seem to also have some FMUs in your model.
Are you simulating with OMSimulator? With OpenModelica? What version? I guess your OS is Windows but I'm not sure.

Can you send us your model so we can debug with it? If is not public you can send it to us via email at OpenModelica@ida.liu.se.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm using OMEdit 1.16.1 (64bit). Unfortunately there're IPs in the model that prevent me to share it externally. Anyway I wrote a behavioral model which provide an average voltage to the DC Motors and since there aren't switching effects the simulation goes faster and has less interruptions. Of course this is just a temporary workaround.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: