Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Compilation to fmu

Compilation to fmu

Hi,

I have installed openmodellica via docker image by using:

for deb in deb deb-src; do echo "$deb http://build.openmodelica.org/apt `lsb_release -cs` stable"; done | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmodelica.list
wget -q http://build.openmodelica.org/apt/openmodelica.asc -O- | apt-key add -
apt update
export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
apt install -y openmodelica

Now, I would like to compile my modelica models (in .mo format) to .fmu (both model exchange and cosimulation). I am afterwards using fmpy python package to run generated fmu's. But, I am facing problems in generation of fmu from .mo. It works fine if I do it via GUI (OMEdit), but would like to make it work via docker. Thanks in advance!

Best,
Anki

Re: Compilation to fmu

In a mos-script, lets say script.mos:

Code:

loadFile("MyModel.mo");getErrorString();
translateModelFMU(MyModel);getErrorString();

You may also need to loadModel(Modelica), etc. But it shouldn't take much more than that. Run the script using "omc script.mos"

Thank you for your reply. I have tried it. But, I am getting segmentation error. I am attaching the screenshot of the segmentation fault. I am attaching my modelica model, test.mos script and docker file here. Hope you can clarify what i am doing wrong. Is there anything wrong in my docker file? Environment variables, users?
Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance!
testopenmodelica.mo

test.mos

Dockerfile.

The attached dockerfile, mo and mos-files produce an FMU for me without any crashes. You could try to install gdb in the docker image and run that on omc. Or maybe running memtest86+ to rule out problems from that.

What Linux kernel is running the image? Maybe bionic is too recent for the running kernel?

I am using this linux kernel: Linux 4.19.76-linuxkit. I have also tried with ubuntu:14.04 instead of bionic, but still experiencing the same issue. I will try with gdb and memtest86+ and would let you know, if I still experience it. But, quite strange that it is working for you but not for me (I am using docker version 2.3.0.2 on a windows machine). Which version of docker and linux kernels are you using?

Thanks!

I am using Ubuntu 18.04, kernel 4.15.0-112-generic, docker 18.03.1-ce

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: