Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Errors building from git

Errors building from git

I'm trying to build on my archlinux openmodelica from the source code taken from git.
I have the following two errors and I do not understand how to solve them.
Can you please help me?

CMakeOutput.doc

CMakeError.txt

Re: Errors building from git

Seems your OpenBLAS does not support these lapack routines. I wonder if it's related to:

https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModel … enModelica

Those errors happen only when I use the --with-cppruntime option.
Without that option I managed to compile even though by executing make in the testcase directory I've got 102 log files.
Only 14 of those log files contain errors and they are:
cppruntime.log (3 out of 3 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/0EbbD9rF ;
cppruntimeFMU1.log (2 out of 2 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/UPTAadL9 ;
cppruntimeFMU2.log (7 out of 7 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/HXzyuYJ5 ;
cppruntimeGenDebugSymbols.log (1 out of 1 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/W2Bp1bHT ;
cppruntimeHardcodedStartValues.log (1 out of 1 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/Y0jBaeRQ ;
cppruntimeHpcom.log (4 out of 4 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/e194Ms3Y ;
interactive-API.log (1 out of 81 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/a32TyhGC ;
msl32simulation_cpp_mini.log (22 out of 22 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/yatttjzQ ;
msl32simulation.log (2 out of 278 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/M5hT0VwW ;
omsimulator.log (1 out of 12 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/UvRb36wC ;
optimization.log (2 out of 3 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/WwiGd4zp ;
simulationnonlinear_system.log (1 out of 48 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/drms0EG8 ;
simulationstatemachines.log (3 out of 12 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/vP1AHhYN ;
simulationsynchronous.log (2 out of 16 tests failed) https://pastebin.com/Kdi8WRdt .

I would like to now:
1) is it necessary or useful to have a working  --with-cppruntime option?
2) are those filed test something I have to worry about?
3) analysing the resulting arch linux package with namcap (https://pastebin.com/YvguK07W), I see that there are a lot of "Unused shared library" messages. Should I worry about it and in case is there any compilation option I can use to reduce/avoid them?

Running ./runtests.pl fromthe partest folder I get the following result:

Failed tests:
        ./omsimulator/DualMassOscillator.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/BouncingBall.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/RefArrayDim2.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/WhenStatement1.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/WhenTuple.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/arraySliceTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/clockedAlgloopTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/clockedEventTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/clockedSolverTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/clockedTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/clockedTypesTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/externalArrayInputTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/fmu/modelExchange/1.0/Crane_FMU1_CPP.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/fmu/modelExchange/1.0/DIC_FMU1_CPP.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/fmu/modelExchange/2.0/DIC_FMU2_CPP.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/fmu/modelExchange/2.0/testArrayEquations.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/fmu/modelExchange/2.0/testCSTR.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/fmu/modelExchange/2.0/testClockDescription.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/fmu/modelExchange/2.0/testDrumBoiler.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/fmu/modelExchange/2.0/testFMU2MatrixIO.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/fmu/modelExchange/2.0/testModelDescription.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/functionPointerTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/genDebugSymbols/Modelica.Fluid.Examples.BranchingDynamicPipes_genDebugSymbols.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/hardcodedStartValues/Modelica.Fluid.Examples.BranchingDynamicPipes_hardcodedStartValues.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/hpcom/Modelica.Electrical.Analog.Examples.CauerLowPassSC_level_omp_measureTime.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/hpcom/Modelica.Electrical.Analog.Examples.CauerLowPassSC_levelfix_pthreads_memory.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/hpcom/Modelica.Electrical.Spice3.Examples.CoupledInductors_level_omp.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/hpcom/Modelica.Electrical.Spice3.Examples.CoupledInductors_list_pthreads_spin.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Blocks.Examples.BooleanNetwork1.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Blocks.Examples.Filter.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Electrical.Analog.Examples.CauerLowPassSC.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Electrical.Analog.Examples.ShowSaturatingInductor.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Electrical.Digital.Examples.Counter.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Electrical.QuasiStationary.SinglePhase.Examples.ParallelResonance.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Electrical.Spice3.Examples.CoupledInductors.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.RollingWheelSetDriving.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.SpringWithMass.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Mechanics.Rotational.Examples.Backlash.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Mechanics.Rotational.Examples.RollingWheel.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Mechanics.Translational.Examples.Accelerate.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Mechanics.Translational.Examples.InitialConditions.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Media.Examples.IdealGasH2O.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Media.Examples.TestOnly.IdealGasN2.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Media.Examples.Tests.MediaTestModels.Air.DryAirNasa.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Media.Examples.WaterIF97.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.StateGraph.Examples.FirstExample.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Thermal.HeatTransfer.Examples.ControlledTemperature.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Thermal.HeatTransfer.Examples.TwoMasses.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Utilities.Examples.readRealParameterModel.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/mathFunctionsTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/nameClashTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/negatedParameter.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/recordTupleReturnTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/solveTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/tearnonlin1.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/testArrayEquations.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/testMatrixIO.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/testVectorizedBlocks.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/testVectorizedPowerSystem.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/testVectorizedSolarSystem.mos
        ./openmodelica/cppruntime/trapezoidTest.mos
        ./openmodelica/cruntime/optimization/basic/TFC6.mos
        ./openmodelica/cruntime/optimization/basic/testAlgLoop6.mos
        ./openmodelica/cruntime/optimization/basic/testAlgLoop7.mos
        ./openmodelica/cruntime/optimization/basic/testDerInput.mos
        ./openmodelica/cruntime/optimization/benchmark/runDrumBoiler.mos
        ./openmodelica/cruntime/optimization/benchmark/runReduceDrumBoiler.mos
        ./simulation/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Electrical.Analog.Examples.DifferenceAmplifier.mos
        ./simulation/libraries/msl32/Modelica.Electrical.Machines.Examples.AsynchronousInductionMachines.AIMC_DOL.mos
        ./simulation/modelica/initialization/startValue2.mos
        ./simulation/modelica/nonlinear_system/bug_2841.mos
        ./simulation/modelica/statemachines/EnteringByReset.mos
        ./simulation/modelica/statemachines/SMGraphicalTestCases_DeepHierarchy.mos
        ./simulation/modelica/statemachines/Ticket4618.mos
        ./simulation/modelica/synchronous/EventClock_cpp.mos
        ./simulation/modelica/synchronous/boolSubClocks.mos
        ./simulation/modelica/tearing/Tearing18-minimal.mos

78 of 4046 failed

Xwang1976 wrote:

I would like to now:
1) is it necessary or useful to have a working  --with-cppruntime option?
2) are those filed test something I have to worry about?
3) analysing the resulting arch linux package with namcap (https://pastebin.com/YvguK07W), I see that there are a lot of "Unused shared library" messages. Should I worry about it and in case is there any compilation option I can use to reduce/avoid them?

1. Not needed
2. The failed tests usually happen because you don't use the same numerical solvers as the test system (an Ubuntu 18.04 docker image)
3. There are also many libraries not found, etc. It's probably because the tool does not know about our rpath settings (used so we don't conflict with OS versions of the same libraries)

Ok, so it seems nothing that I have to worry about (I'm just starting studying openmodelica so I would like to be sure that the tool is working as expected).
At the moment I've compiled from the git repository (version 1.16.0 from https://github.com/OpenModelica/OpenModelica).
Is it correct or is it better to use a more stable version (1.14 is in beta status)?
In case what is the git command to give to take the more stable version (from a user point of view)?

git checkout maintenance/v1.14 for a branch with few changes coming to it. master has more development, new features, support for newer OSes, etc. The master branch is usually quite stable (as in: it often works, especially on Linux).

I've added the  --with-omniORB=/usr option to the configure line so that to have the OMoptim compiled and installed too, but I get the following error at compile time:

Code:

make -C OMOptim/build -f Makefile.unix
make[2]: ingresso nella directory "/home/andreak/tmp/AUR/openmodelica/src/openmodelica-git/OMOptim/OMOptim/build"
/bin/qmake OMOptimLib.pro -o MakefileLib
WARNING: Failure to find: ../GUI/Dialogs/HelpDlg.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ../Core/OMC/StringHandler.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ../Core/Tools/StringHandler.h
WARNING: Failure to find: ../Core/Tools/Helper.h
make -f MakefileLib
make[3]: ingresso nella directory "/home/andreak/tmp/AUR/openmodelica/src/openmodelica-git/OMOptim/OMOptim/build"
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fPIC -w -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_PRINTSUPPORT_LIB -DQT_WEBKITWIDGETS_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I../../../build/include/omplot/qwt -I../../../build/include/omc/c/util -isystem /usr/include -I../../ParadisEO-2.0.1/eo/src -I../../ParadisEO-2.0.1/mo/src -I../../ParadisEO-2.0.1/moeo/src -I../../OMOptimBasis/build/release/generatedfiles/ui -Irelease/generatedfiles/ui -I. -I.. -I../.. -I../Core -I../GUI -I../Vld -I../Core/Dymola -I../Core/FileData -I../Core/Infos -I../Core/Modelica -I../Core/OMC -I../Core/OpenModelica -I../Core/Problems -I../Core/Tools -I../Core/Util -I../Core/Units -I../GUI/Dialogs -I../GUI/Plots -I../GUI/Resources -I../GUI/Scene -I../GUI/Tabs -I../GUI/Tools -I../GUI/Views -I../GUI/Widgets -I../Core/Optim -I../Core/Optim/EA -I../Core/Optim/MILP -I../Core/Optim/EA/Checkpoints -I../Core/Optim/EA/Chromosome -I../Core/Optim/EA/Crossover -I../Core/Optim/EA/Evaluations -I../Core/Optim/EA/Init -I../Core/Optim/EA/Monitor -I../Core/Optim/EA/Mutations -I../Core/Optim/EA/NSGA2 -I../Core/Optim/EA/Results -I../Core/Optim/EA/SPEA2 -I../Core/Optim/EA/SPEA2Adaptative -I../Core/Optim/EA/SA1 -I../Core/Optim/EA/PSO -I../../OMOptimBasis -I../../OMOptimBasis/FileData -I../../OMOptimBasis/GUI -I../../OMOptimBasis/GUI/Tools -I../../OMOptimBasis/GUI/Dialogs -I../../OMOptimBasis/GUI/Widgets -I../../OMOptimBasis/Infos -I../../OMOptimBasis/Units -I../../OMOptimBasis/Tools -I../../OMOptimBasis/Problems -isystem /usr/include/qt -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtSvg -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtPrintSupport -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtWebKitWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtWebKit -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtXml -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtCore -Irelease/generatedfiles/moc -Irelease/generatedfiles/ui -I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o release/generatedfiles/OptObjective.o ../Core/OptObjective.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/c++/9.2.0/bits/stl_algo.h:59,
                 from /usr/include/c++/9.2.0/algorithm:62,
                 from /usr/include/qt/QtCore/qglobal.h:142,
                 from /usr/include/qt/QtCore/QtGlobal:1,
                 from ../Core/OptObjective.h:44,
                 from ../Core/OptObjective.cpp:42:
/usr/include/c++/9.2.0/cstdlib:75:15: fatal error: stdlib.h: File o directory non esistente
   75 | #include_next <stdlib.h>
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [MakefileLib:3382: release/generatedfiles/OptObjective.o] Error 1
make[3]: uscita dalla directory "/home/andreak/tmp/AUR/openmodelica/src/openmodelica-git/OMOptim/OMOptim/build"
make[2]: *** [Makefile.unix:19: OMOptimLib] Error 2
make[2]: uscita dalla directory "/home/andreak/tmp/AUR/openmodelica/src/openmodelica-git/OMOptim/OMOptim/build"
make[1]: *** [Makefile:35: omoptim] Error 2
make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/home/andreak/tmp/AUR/openmodelica/src/openmodelica-git/OMOptim"
make: *** [Makefile:36: omoptim.skip] Error 2
==> ERRORE: Si è verificato un errore in build().

Should I open a ticket?

If you get an error from your standard library, that stdlib.h does not exist I suggest creating a bug with gcc current/smile

I also would not compile OMOptim - we don't as it's not maintained.

To add my experience I have compiled OMOptim on archlinux. It compiles successfully, but when I run it it says

Code:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

and on dmesg it says

Code:

[  506.009418] OMOptim[1363]: segfault at 5568aacbcb30 ip 00005568aacbcb30 sp 00007fff62bc3038 error 15

[  506.009422] Code: 00 00 21 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 55 54 46 2d 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 6f 64 69 6e 67 00 00 0a 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 <03> 00 00 00 0f 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 18 00 00 00 00 00

I noticed taht the Core directory has been updated 6 months ago. How could I find what does my version miss?

I've passed my OMOptim on gdb. the result is

Code:

Starting program: /usr/bin/OMOptim 

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
/usr/bin/../lib/../share/gcc-9.2.0/python/libstdcxx/v6/xmethods.py:731: SyntaxWarning: list indices must be integers or slices, not str; perhaps you missed a comma?
  refcounts = ['_M_refcount']['_M_pi']
[New Thread 0x7fffed865700 (LWP 111647)]

Thread 1 "OMOptim" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0000555555a3e130 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x0000555555a3e130 in  ()
#1  0x00007ffff370f7f1 in _Unwind_ForcedUnwind_Phase2
    (exc=0x555555a93f50, context=0x7fffffffddc0, frames_p=0x7fffffffdcc8)
    at /build/gcc/src/gcc/libgcc/unwind.inc:170
        fs =
          {regs = {reg = {{loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 18446744073709551584, offset = -32, exp = 0xffffffffffffffe0 <error: Cannot access memory at address 0xffffffffffffffe0>}, how = REG_SAVED_OFFSET}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 18446744073709551592, offset = -24, exp = 0xffffffffffffffe8 <error: Cannot access memory at address 0xffffffffffffffe8>}, how = REG_SAVED_OFFSET}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 18446744073709551600, offset = -16, exp = 0xfffffffffffffff0 <error: Cannot access memory at address 0xfffffffffffffff0>}, how = REG_SAVED_OFFSET}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}, {loc = {reg = 18446744073709551608, offset = -8, exp = 0xfffffffffffffff8 <error: Canno--Type <RET> for more, q to quit, c to continue without paging--c
how = REG_SAVED_OFFSET}, {loc = {reg = 0, offset = 0, exp = 0x0}, how = REG_UNSAVED}}, prev = 0x0, cfa_offset = 32, cfa_reg = 7, cfa_exp = 0x0, cfa_how = CFA_REG_OFFSET}, pc = 0x5555555dd492, personality = 0x7ffff3901bd0 <__cxxabiv1::__gxx_personality_v0(int, _Unwind_Action, _Unwind_Exception_Class, _Unwind_Exception*, _Unwind_Context*)>, data_align = -8, code_align = 1, retaddr_column = 16, fde_encoding = 27 '\033', lsda_encoding = 27 '\033', saw_z = 1 '\001', signal_frame = 0 '\000', eh_ptr = 0x0}
        action = 10
        stop = 0x555555a3e130
        stop_argument = 0x555555a99b10
        code = _URC_NO_REASON
        stop_code = <optimized out>
        frames = 1
#2  0x00007ffff37100c5 in _Unwind_Resume (exc=0x555555a93f50) at /build/gcc/src/gcc/libgcc/unwind.inc:243
        this_context = {reg = {0x7fffffffdeb8, 0x7fffffffdec0, 0x0, 0x7fffffffdec8, 0x0, 0x0, 0x7fffffffdef0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x7fffffffded0, 0x7fffffffded8, 0x7fffffffdee0, 0x7fffffffdee8, 0x7fffffffdef8, 0x0}, cfa = 0x7fffffffdf00, ra = 0x5555555dd4bf, lsda = 0x0, bases = {tbase = 0x0, dbase = 0x0, func = 0x7ffff370fef0 <_Unwind_Resume>}, flags = 4611686018427387904, version = 0, args_size = 0, by_value = '\000' <repeats 17 times>}
        cur_context = {reg = {0x7fffffffdeb8, 0x7fffffffdec0, 0x0, 0x7fffffffdec8, 0x0, 0x0, 0x7fffffffdef0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x7fffffffded0, 0x7fffffffded8, 0x7fffffffdee0, 0x7fffffffdee8, 0x7fffffffdef8, 0x0}, cfa = 0x7fffffffdf00, ra = 0x5555555dd4bf, lsda = 0x5555558b93ae, bases = {tbase = 0x0, dbase = 0x0, func = 0x5555555dd492}, flags = 4611686018427387904, version = 0, args_size = 0, by_value = '\000' <repeats 17 times>}
        code = <optimized out>
        frames = 5893979823255069184
#3  0x00005555555dd4bf in  ()
#4  0x0000555555a93fc8 in  ()
#5  0x0000555555a93f50 in  ()
#6  0x00005555557c373c in  ()
#7  0x00005555556bcf05 in  ()
#8  0x00005555555eaece in  ()
#9  0x00007ffff355d153 in __libc_start_main () at /usr/bin/../lib/libc.so.6
#10 0x000055555565b22e in  ()

Now I'm pretty sure that this is too complicated for me

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic