OpenModelica

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Algorithmic Debugger

Algorithmic Debugger

The error I receive is:

The executable to debug does not exist:
Following error has occurred <b>Process failed to start: No such file or directory</b> GDB arguments are <b>"-q -nw -i mi --args C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenModelica/OMEdit/Debuggertest/Debuggertest.exe"</b>
Following error has occurred <b>Process failed to start: No such file or directory</b> GDB arguments are <b>"-q -nw -i mi --args C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenModelica/OMEdit/Debuggertest/Debuggertest.exe"</b>

Edited by: vivek106singh - Sep-27-19 07:29:58
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Algorithmic Debugger

Did you check if the file exists or not "C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenModelica/OMEdit/Debuggertest/Debuggertest.exe"?
Maybe the simulation has failed.

Adeel.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I checked It was there, also the simulation finished.
I am using very simple program just to check test the debugger
I have installed it in G:, I should install OpenModelica in c:?

This could also mean that it failed to find gdb. Check the gdb path in "Tools->Options->Debugger->Algorithmic Debugger->GDB Path" and see if its correct.

Adeel.

Thanks adeel
You are correct it was taking path from previously installed path from F:
I deleted the C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\openmodelica folder and installed openmodelica fresh. it worked
Thanks a lot.

Still i am not able to able to use Algorithmic debugger affectively. any small documentation for this.

Thanks Adeel,
I have some questions
Where we can put break points? Only in algorithm section in functions.
I am putting a break point at point in algorithm part of a function, which I am calling in another model. when I run algorithmic debugger the out putwindow shows
"The simulation finished successfully." It do not stop at the break point and i get results in the plotting perspective, which is not possible without passing the line where I have put break point, so ideally it should stop at the break point but it passes without stopping.
I am attaching the model and package for function. the package I am using is ThermoSysPro.

Na.mo

Debuggertest.mo

Regards
Vivek Singh

Hello Vivek,

Sorry for the late reply.
It might be that the line you are referring to is optimized out by the OpenModelica compiler.

Adeel.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic