Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Modelling a Tire

Modelling a Tire

Hello,

I'm doing my masterthesis in modelling a car and my current problem is as follows:

I want to modell a Tire which includes the friction to the ground. I've got two ideas for that.
The first one is to use a Spring Damper Mass MultiBody System for which i would bring in the forces by functions. For that, i need to model the ground as well, so the Body can "drive" along and not fall through the ground. So my question for that idea is, how can I model the ground?

The second idea is to copy the RollingWheel MultiBody and rewrite the equations as needed. Therefore I need to know, how can I bring in constraints on the Coordinates (means again ground) and how can I model the forces, like friction and driving force.

If you got any Literature for that problem or similar Modelling Exercises, I would be happy, if you would share them with me.

I am really new to modelica itself so I am sorry if the questions are in some way too simple. If you need any further information, please ask for it current/smile

Regards Peanut

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic