Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Error test failed in Modelica(simulationX GUI)

Error test failed in Modelica(simulationX GUI)

Hello,

I am  modeling Automotive power train system in modelica (i.e. on SimulationX environment). I am using 3.1 version. When i am simulating my model, after 135 seconds i got following error;

Error: The solver sould not reach the required accuracy. change the minimal calculation stepsize (dt Min) ot the tolerances.

Convergence test not failed, but error test failed. Changes of states are too big.

Could you please any one suggest me to eliminate this error.

thankyou in advance,

Re: Error test failed in Modelica(simulationX GUI)

I am not familiar with SimulationX, but it sounds like you either need to change a

Code:

tolerance

or

Code:

stepsize

parameter to the simulation. Doing so will allow the solver to take smaller steps (increasing total simulation time) or accept larger numerical errors.

Depending on the model, you could also try to reduce the number of events and zero-crossings by using the noEvent operator in strategic places.

Yes; in Simulation/Transient Settings/General try to decrease Min. Calculation Step Size (dtMin) to 1e-10s or 1e-12s.
If the calculation still fails it is likely that there is 'something' a bit too harsh in the model.
Also if you expand the error message it should tell you which state variable is creating the issue.

i would suggest to test other solver
my model (also automotive) has massif numeric problems if i use DASSL if i use Euler or Ruge Kutta there are no problems current/wink

Hi,

I am getting error at the end of my simulation. I think if i rise the time step there is no problem for me because at the end the values that are going to calculate are not  important for me. So i have increased the time  step it worked out fine.

Thank you veery much fot responding.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: