Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Binary executable or FMU to commercial use

Binary executable or FMU to commercial use

We are just applying for a project involving other enterprises and we pretend distribute OpenModelica models without delivering source code.
Is that allowed by the OpenModelica Runtime License?.
As I could read, the answer is positive, but I must to be completely sure before applying for the aimed project

Re: Binary executable or FMU to commercial use

Yes, you can strip out the source code from a generated FMU and redistribute only the binary provided that you add a text to the FMU documentation regarding the license: "[...] Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. [...]" (along with the licenses of any Modelica libraries you used to generate the binary, given their licensing terms).

Thank you very much for your answer, but I would like to know what file(s) can be used to support that.
May be this one?
      http://openmodelica.org/osmc-pl/osmc-pl-1.2-runtime.txt
      (Using BSD NEW LICENSE as a choice: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause)
Any other else?
Sorry if I ask for concretions, but I must be precise with one of the partners ask for clarification.

Best regards

Yes, the OSMC-PL 1.2 runtime license applies to the runtime system we use. Note that third-party code (such as uthash.h) might also exist in there.

Thank you very much for your help!!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: