Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Output of LOG_LS(_V) and Linear Solvers

Output of LOG_LS(_V) and Linear Solvers

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Openmodelica and already ran into quite a lot of problems during simulation. I tried to find some documentation how to resolve simulation issues and interpret the output of the simulation, but I didn't find a lot (any hints?). I do have a issue again and hopefully someone can answer my many questions or direct me to a helpfull page.
I do have a model, that works but throws (really) a lot of those "The default linear solver fails, the fallback solver...." messages in the output window. I would like to dig a bit into the problem, but I do have some problems to understand the verbose output.
Here is the output (only one of the messages) of the simulation:
https://www.openmodelica.org/images/agorapro/attachments/5837/mini_SimOut.png

I got several questions:
1. With the Matrix A and the Vector b of the Lapack solver, the solution to Ax=b should be x=b/A in this simple case. So x should be -2.82898e-14, but the Lapack solver says the solution for cell.temp.T_Top.T =273.15 (wich should be quite correct). What am I missing?
2. The calculated residual of Lapack is 0.000282898... which is exactly b, so the solution of x must be quite exactly 0, is that true? If so, why does it compute zero?
3. Why do the start values (Lapack Vector old x=273.150004002 and pivot Old Values 273.15) differ)
4. The total pivoting calculates the right result (-2.8289..e-14) but again the solution for x is 273.15. Why?
5. What does the "0.000001" after solve system mean?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Attachments:
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: