Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OPC-UA

OPC-UA

I am trying to use OPC-UA with OpenModelica 1.11.0-64bit. Is this capability working in that version of the compiler? I tried to simulate the model using the -embeddedServer=opc-ua -rt=1 options,  but it didn`t generate the opc server.

Re: OPC-UA

Hello Carla,

If your executable is working without errors,then you can start the server. For this again go the command line and use the following flags with the executable.

xxx.exe -embeddedServer=opc-ua -rt=1

This should work.

Thanks,
Maria

Hello Maria,

I finally could embed my Modelica model as an OPC-UA server from the OMShell using the simulate command with the simflags option -embeddedServer=opc-us -rt=1
But I couldn`t do it using the executable file generated by OMEdit.

Thanks a lot for your reply!!!

Carla.

Did you get an error? saying some .dll files couldn't be found?

I found that a few 15-20 .dll files also need to be present with the .exe and init xml files so run the executable and with or without the opc-ua server

How I got this setup working was like this:
1.Simulate the model from OMShell/OMEdit so as to generate the .exe and init xml file
2.Copy all the .dll files from <OM installation path>\bin folder into the %temp%\OpenModelica\OMEdit folder which contains all the model files (this is done so that if the model is changed and resimulated, the .exe is automatocally updated)
3.Now run the command in the command Prompt :  %temp5\OpenModelica\OMEdit\xxx.exe -rt 1.- -embeddedServer opc-ua
4.Once it is running successfully you can delete all the .dll files form the folder and you get get a error saying some are in use and cannot be deleted. Skip all of them and you will only be left with the ones that are needed

Do tell me If you need more help and if you want to run the exe in the background without the CMD window. A batch file needs to be written in that case

Edited by: jalpanchal - Jun-30-17 06:34:36

Hello Jalpanchal,

It worked!!

Thank you!

carla.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic