Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How to set tolerance for non-linear solver

How to set tolerance for non-linear solver

Hello,

Is there a separate tolerance that can be set for the non-linear solver?  I'm getting some bad results.  I suspect the problem is related to the tolerance of a non-linear solver.

Is this right?:
  - there are different tolerances for the integration step and for the non-linear solver. 
  - there is a default tolerance applied to the non-linear solver.
  - an appropriate simulation flag must be passed to override the non-linear solver tolerance.

Adam

Edited by: adamLange - Apr-27-17 19:38:04

Re: How to set tolerance for non-linear solver

I'm going to try these:

-newtonFTol=value or -newtonFTol value
    Tolerance respecting residuals for updating solution vector in Newton solver. Solution is accepted if the (scaled) 2-norm of the residuals is smaller than the tolerance newtonFTol and the (scaled) newton correction (delta_x) is smaller than the tolerance newtonXTol. The value is a Double with default value 1e-12.

-newtonXTol=value or -newtonXTol value
    Tolerance respecting newton correction (delta_x) for updating solution vector in Newton solver. Solution is accepted if the (scaled) 2-norm of the residuals is smaller than the tolerance newtonFTol and the (scaled) newton correction (delta_x) is smaller than the tolerance newtonXTol. The value is a Double with default value 1e-12.

Re: How to set tolerance for non-linear solver

adamLange wrote:

Is this right?:
  - there are different tolerances for the integration step and for the non-linear solver. 
  - there is a default tolerance applied to the non-linear solver.
  - an appropriate simulation flag must be passed to override the non-linear solver tolerance.

Yes, and you found already the correct simulation flags to tune this tolerance.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: