Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Can't run any example simulations - tried reinstalling several times

Can't run any example simulations - tried reinstalling several times

In OMEdit
I get the error:

C:/OpenModelica1.9.6//share/omc/scripts/Compile.bat Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.FreeBody gcc parallel 32 0
PATH = "C:\OpenModelica1.9.6\MinGW\bin;C:\OpenModelica1.9.6\MinGW\bin\..\libexec\gcc\mingw32\4.4.0\;"
\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make: Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.FreeBody.makefile: No such file or directory
\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.FreeBody.makefile'.  Stop.
Compilation process failed. Exited with code 2.

I also get the errors

[1] 15:37:01 Translation Error
[Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Visualizers: 1986:8-1987:83]: PartialModelicaServices is partial, name lookup is not allowed in partial classes.

[2] 15:37:01 Translation Error
[ModelicaServices: 653:5-654:81]: PartialModelicaServices is partial, name lookup is not allowed in partial classes.

[3] 15:37:37 Translation Error
[ModelicaServices: 674:5-674:89]: PartialModelicaServices is partial, name lookup is not allowed in partial classes.

I have tried several examples - I've read that not all of them work.

If someone could direct me to one that definitiely does work that would be great.

In installed a nightly build last week and replaced it with the last stable build this week.
Results are the same with both.

I did use OM succesfully a couple of years ago so I'm sure there is something simple I've forgotten to do.

Windows 8, 64bit system.

Re: Can't run any example simulations - tried reinstalling several times

If you want to check a few examples that definitely work, try the MoodelicaByExample Library Models. Its a Library made to go along with the ModelicaByExample book by Michael Tiller. ModelicaByExample. This library is included with the OMEdit Installation

To load it:

• File >System Libraries >  ModelicaByExample

• As far as I've tried all Models in this package work. You could test with ModelicaByExample.BasicEquations.SimpleExample.Firstorder.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
    You are here: