Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMEdit does not show Fluid/Media in ModelicaLibraryWidget

OMEdit does not show Fluid/Media in ModelicaLibraryWidget

Hi, Thanks for OMEdit, this looks really very good and has great potential.

I have the problem, that OMEdit does not show me all the components of the Modelica Library.

I use this environment:
OPENMODELICAHOME=/usr/
OPENMODELICALIBRARY=/opt/modelicalib/msl32/:/opt/modelicalib/common/

msl32 is from https://openmodelica.org/svn/OpenModeli … ies/msl32/

The library widget in OMEdit displays me on top level:

Blocks
Constants
Electrical
Icons
Magnetic
Math
Mechanics
SIunits
StateGraph
Thermal
UsersGuide
Utilities

Compared to the msl32 directory, there are these missing:

ComplexBlocks
ComplexMath
Fluid
Magnetic
Math
Mechanics
Media
Resources

Is there a cache somewhere or did I do something wrong?

Thanks for any help

Marc

Re: OMEdit does not show Fluid/Media in ModelicaLibraryWidget

Sorry, I've made a mistake in my "missing" list.
Magnetic
Math
Mechanics
are shown, like indicated in the "displayed" list.

So missing are only:

ComplexBlocks
ComplexMath
Fluid
Media
Resources

My OMEdit actually contains all expected classes:
Note that OpenModelica does not support full MSL 3.2 yet. For example operator overloading required to get ComplexBlocks/ComplexMath running. OMEdit will crash if you try to access some of these.

If you open the OMC logger in OMEdit you will see that during startup deleteClass(Modelica.Media), deleteClass(Modelica.Fluid) is called. This is because Fluid/Media is not working in OpenModelica (the OpenModelica kernel will crash or hang if you click any of the tabs, so they were removed). ComplexBlocks/Math was not removed because the installer does not ship with MSL 3.2 by default.

Resources is not a Modelica package; it's simply referenced by the standard library.

Thanks for your reply.

So these unsupported features are intentionally not shown by OMEdit, which makes sense
of course.

Is there any library or open Modelica environment where Fluid/Media can be used?
Is it planned for OpenModelica to support these parts?

Too bad they are not supported... what are my options for Hydraulic/Fluid simulation?

At the moment I believe most users have their own Fluid libraries that do work with OpenModelica. I'm not a modeler so I don't know if there are free ones out there (that are good enough).

We are working on supporting Fluid in the future. It will just take some time since part of the compiler needs to be redesigned in order to handle Modelica.Media. As far as I could tell, jmodelica.org does not support Fluid/Media either. And as far as I know there are no other free compilers that would be close to being able to handle Media either.

Thanks for your support anyway

sjoelund.se wrote:

At the moment I believe most users have their own Fluid libraries that do work with OpenModelica. I'm not a modeler so I don't know if there are free ones out there (that are good enough).

If any user could tell me more about open/free alternative Fluid-like library(ies) available that do work with OpenModelica I would be glad since it's exactly what I need.

sjoelund.se wrote:

We are working on supporting Fluid in the future. It will just take some time since part of the compiler needs to be redesigned in order to handle Modelica.Media. As far as I could tell, jmodelica.org does not support Fluid/Media either. And as far as I know there are no other free compilers that would be close to being able to handle Media either.

Do you know how far in the future will OpenModelica support Fluid/Media libraries? Is it a matter of weeks, months or years? It's not clear in the roadmap page (which seems outdated).

I believe we are talking about months for flattening (next release / Christmas is my guess)

Thank you for the time frame to have Fluid/Media libraries working in OpenModelica. Maybe this information should be added to the roadmap page.

I'm still interested on open/free alternative Fluid-like library(ies) available that do work with OpenModelica, I hope a forum user will eventually help me with that.

Edited by: clindquist - May-02-11 18:55:16
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: