Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Openmodelica socket communication

Openmodelica socket communication

Hi,

I'm new in this.
I'm trying to run openmodelica compiler thru sockets. I'm working under ubuntu 9.10 and using openmodelica 1.4.5. I want simple communication client-server-omc. Client will send some numbers to server and server runs omc and use this numbers,solve them and send back result to client. I'm working with php and I'm able to create sock.comm. between two servers but how to create between server and omc?? I'm found command like ./omc -dbgCmdPort=<port> +d=interactive but dont know how to use it. I was not able to find anything usefull on the internet to this because mostly people are using corba. but I need to use socket communication
I would be very happy if somebody could help me with this problem.

I apologize for my english

with regards,

Frank

Re: Openmodelica socket communication

$ omc +d=interactive &
$ telnet 127.0.0.1 29500
> 1+2
< 3

Works fine. I'll add text when launching "omc +d=interactive":
print("Opening a socket on port " +& intString(29500) +& "\n");

Since it doesn't say anywhere which port is actually opened...

Thank you very much...it's working....

hi, there is another problem. Why it is not working? What's wrong?...

<< root@ubuntu:/usr/lib/omc/bin# ./omc +d=interactive &
[3] 3067
[2]   Done                    ./omc +d=interactive
<< root@ubuntu:/usr/lib/omc/bin# telnet 127.0.0.1 29500
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
class heli input Real alfa; Real x1(start=0); Real x2(start=0); Real x3(start=0); Real x4(start=0); equation der(x1) = x2; der(x3) = x4; der(x2) = -0.65*x2 - 0.02*x4 + 5.4*alfa; der(x4) = -1.57 - 0.03*x4 + 9.8*x1 + 9.8*alfa; end heli
[2:1]: error: expecting SEMICOLON, found ''

simulate(heli)
record SimulationResult
    resultFile = "Simulation Failed. Model: heli does not exists! Please load it first before simulation."
end SimulationResult;

thank you

It reached the end of the string without finding the semicolon that always follows "end XXX".
I added a trailing semicolon and the class seemed to load fine.

I'm not shore I understand. So in witch form do I have to put it in?

class heli input Real alfa; Real x1(start=0); Real x2(start=0); Real x3(start=0); Real x4(start=0); equation der(x1) = x2; der(x3) = x4; der(x2) = -0.65*x2 - 0.02*x4 + 5.4*alfa; der(x4) = -1.57 - 0.03*x4 + 9.8*x1 + 9.8*alfa; end heli;

oh my god, so stupid.....thank you

I'm sorry for bothering. When I put in after "class ...ok" simulate(className) it's doing nothing.

>>> class heli input Real alfa; Real x1(start=0); Real x2(start=0); Real x3(start=0); Real x4(start=0); equation der(x1) = x2; der(x3) = x4; der(x2) = -0.65*x2 - 0.02*x4 + 5.4*alfa; der(x4) = -1.57 - 0.03*x4 + 9.8*x1 + 9.8*alfa; end heli;
{heli}

>>> simulate(heli)
record SimulationResult
    resultFile = "heli_res.plt"
end SimulationResult;

Is this "{heli}" your output after you put in "class ..."? Because it's still not working for me. After I put in "class ..." I get "ok" and when I press enter I get message:

Error occured building AST
Syntax Error

then put in simulate(heli) and nothing happend.

I also try to put simulate right after output OK but still nothing happend... I dont know what else to do. If I do it in OMCShell or OMCShell terminal then it is working but I need to do it thru ubuntu terminal. current/sad I'm trying as client sending this commands thru socket to OMC and I want to make graph from output numbers after simulation.

any Ideas what can be wrong? current/sad

{heli} is the output we get in the new versions of OpenModelica. Why it wouldn't work in the terminal, I do not know current/sad
Have you tried the newer OpenModelica releases?

maybe I should.......

witch one do you recommend? 1.5.0 RC2 ??

For Windows I would say wait until RC3 is released. But since you use Linux I would say the trunk version is best (we made lots of changes since RC1, so waiting isn't really needed).

ok.....I found only RC1 for linux. Is it enough if I just download this files end execute them? Because I did this last time and It seems that it's probably not good...

Ah yes, we don't build Linux packages very often, so you would probably have to compile it yourself or use RC1.
I did run the code you used under RC1 and it seems to work fine there. So I guess you should try it.

I do that... thank you for your time..... I hope it will work.

frank

ok so I have install openmodelica 1.5.0 RC1 and it still not working. So this is realy bad for me.

Have try this RC1 in linux? Because I runnig it thru terminal.....(not OMShell-terminal) just ubuntu terminal....

./omc +d=interactive &
telnet 127.0.0.1 29500

and in this case it is not working. Thru OMShell-terminal it's working fine.

Hmmm... Are you running ./omc from the install directory (I assume /usr/bin)? omc will put all temporary files in the directory you launch it from, so go to "~/omc-tmp/" and launch $OPENMODELICAHOME/bin/omc and maybe it will run better?

I'm runing it from /usr/lib/omc/bin/
and ~/omc-tmp/ dont exist ..... this is bad isnt it?

Well, of course you'd need to create the temporary folder current/big_smile
You can name it anything you want. You will just have problems running it from /usr/lib since your user doesn't have write rights to it current/smile

Shxt, I'm so tired. current/smile ok...so how do I do it?

1. mkdir ~/omc-tmp
2. cd ~/omc-tmp
3. /use/lib/omc/bin/omc +d=interactive &
4. telnet 127.0.0.1 29500
5. ??
6. profit

so I tried this:

root@ubuntu:~/omc-tmp# telnet 127.0.0.1 29500
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.

class heli input Real alfa; Real x1(start = 0); Real x2(start = 0); Real x3(start = 0); Real x4(start = 0); equation der(x1) = x2; der(x3) = x4; der(x2) = -0.65*x2 - 0.02*x4 + 5.4*alfa; der(x4) = -1.57 - 0.03*x4 + 9.8*x1 + 9.8*alfa; end heli;
Oksimulate(heli)

simulate(heli)

plot(x1)
"No simulation result to plot."

in RC1 the same......

or doing this:
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.

class heli input Real alfa; Real x1(start = 0); Real x2(start = 0); Real x3(start = 0); Real x4(start = 0); equation der(x1) = x2; der(x3) = x4; der(x2) = -0.65*x2 - 0.02*x4 + 5.4*alfa; der(x4) = -1.57 - 0.03*x4 + 9.8*x1 + 9.8*alfa; end heli;
Oksimulate(heli)
Connection closed by foreign host.
[1]+  Segmentation fault      /usr/lib/omc/bin/omc +d=interactive

neo@ubuntu:~/omc-tmp$

Can you run the following commands and paste the output?

ls -l heli.makefile heli heli_res.plt

make -f heli.makefile && ./heli

you mean just into ubuntu terminal? I did that and:

root@ubuntu:~/omc-tmp# ls -l heli.makefile heli heli_res.plt
ls: cannot access heli.makefile: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access heli: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access heli_res.plt: No such file or directory
root@ubuntu:~/omc-tmp#  make -f heli.makefile && ./heli
make: heli.makefile: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `heli.makefile'.  Stop.

If not even root will create the files... Something must break sooner.
I have two ideas. One is the old omc server is still running... To shut it down for sure, use exit() in telnet.
The other would be to run "omc +d=interactive,failtrace +showErrorMessages" as the server. That will produce some extra error messages that might help.

ok so exit() is not working only quit() and I always use it otherwise it's not possible to run omc +d=interactive & command again.

To second part: I've tried put it to terminal many ways but always giving me "help".  I have try to run first omc +d=interactive and then omc +d=failtrail +showErrorMessages and also nothing, only help and omc still runnig as server in the background.

but tell me, this simulation it should be working isnt it?

It does for me, so yes it should. I might try to build a deb-package soon anyway.

Which reminds me... The deb package is weird. It doesn't set OPENMODELICAHOME env variable. You need to call omc-start for that to happen.

What is "env | grep OPENMODELICAHOME" ?

there is no output.......

It seems that there will be problem with this OPENMODELICAHOME......

I checked the deb file today and /usr/bin/omc-start is a script that sets OPENMODELICAHOME. I think the omshell, etc scripts also set it.
So either use the script or put "export OPENMODELICAHOME=/usr/lib/omc" in your ~/.bashrc file.

wooow thank you very much....now it is working. I really appreciate it.... You have saved my life current/smile

hi,

is there any other way to get simulation output as using readFile(className_res.plt'')????

thanks

is it possible to communicate with openmodelica thru COM objects?

Unix doesn't do COM Objects current/smile
There are more ways to get simulation data though. But reading the file is probably easiest; else you could always convert it to gnuplot with a python-script and let gnuplot output the image current/smile

yeah I know that COM objects are not available under Unix current/smile I was just looking for plan B if this will not working. COM seems to be easier.
I dont have much time so studying python is not good idea for me. current/smile I'm doing it with php. But problem is that when I send simulate command I get empty output. First time I thought that If I solve this problem with simulation thru telnet then it will work also thru browser. It's really big problem for me. Probably I will read the file right thru sript and not sending it thru socket but still this simulation is needed to create this file. It drives me crazy. current/smile

Anyway is it nessesary to always execute omc-start after rebooting system? Because I always have to run it. The last command in this script is not working by the way. It gives me "help" option.

Is anything telling you this error?  -- [11:13]: error: expecting EOF, found 'simulate' --

That probably means you are missing a newline before the simulate command?

hi,

so I solve this. I made mistake in permissons. The simulate was running always but problem was that omc was not able to create new file. I have to change default /var/www folder for another with standard user permissons. current/smile

Just in case if anybody will have the same problem.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: