Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Anyone created a windows bat file for installation of nightly

Anyone created a windows bat file for installation of nightly

Hi,

as a Linux user I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to getting the latest nightly build. It simply comes with the daily updates. So I was wondering if anyone has already created a kind of bat script that my poor Windows challenged colleagues could use in order to remove current installed OM version and pull down the latest nightly.

Anyone done this and care to share?

Re: Anyone created a windows bat file for installation of nightly

So given the amount of responses not many seem to use the nightly windows version then ;-) Or are just click-happy.

A lot of people use the nightly builds but I guess they just bookmark the page and click two times, one to download and one to install.

Is a bit complicated as the installer name is variable each day. I'll see what I can do.
Probably I can generate a DownloadAndInstall.bat and put it in the same place as the nightly-builds.

Oh I was given the impression that Windows users always need to deinstall the nighlty in order to install a new one. I guess that part is the most cumbersome. Still having a simple bat file on the desktop would help :-)

Or just shipping OM with rsync.exe? Then you could really script the update by just keeping a copy of the extracted files. There is no need to env.vars, etc anymore after all (and we could have 2~3 different directories; nightly, stable, release).

@dietmarw: the installer will uninstall the already installed OpenModelica automatically.
@sjoelund.se: rsync is not very friendly on Windows.

Maybe we could have an Windows start menu item or a menu in OMEdit: "Update OpenModelica" which does the update automatically.

What's wrong with rsync on Windows? cygwin needed?

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: