Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

MacPort OpenModelica install fail

MacPort OpenModelica install fail

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum, after having a look around I thought this might be the right place to start. I hope you can give me a hand.

I'm trying to install OpenModelica on a MacBook Air (mid 2013) that runs OS X (version: 10.10.5 (14F1505))

MacPort have ben updated to the latest version

I have followed all the steps recommended on OM download page but when I try

port install openmodelica-devel +libraries

I get the following error:

Error: Failed to configure openmodelica-devel, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_build.openmodelica.org_macports_lang_openmodelica-devel/openmodelica-devel/work/openmodelica_1.9.4~dev-557-g3590b86/config.log
Error: org.macports.configure for port openmodelica-devel returned: configure failure: command execution failed
Please see the log file for port openmodelica-devel for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_build.openmodelica.org_macports_lang_openmodelica-devel/openmodelica-devel/main.log
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port openmodelica-devel failed

I have tried togo through the config and the main log (see attachment) but it's really hard for me.

any help would be appreciated

Regards

Marco
Archivio.zip

Attachments:

Re: MacPort OpenModelica install fail

There was a bug in building a few days ago, that has since been fixed.  So, it might just be bad timing.  It builds fine for me now on 10.10.5.  So, you might just try:
sudo port sync
sudo port clean openmodelica-devel
sudo port install openmodelica-devel +libraries

Edited by: dersh - Dec-14-15 14:51:00

Hi Dersh,

I'm afraid the problem is not fixed yet. I contacted Martin Sjölund and checking my install failure reports it turned out that atlas is interfering with OM (OpenModelica) install.

I had a confirmation yesterday when I disabled it and installed successfully OM. Once the install was done I reactivated atlas and doing

sudo port upgrade outdated

OM update failed.

Now, I think that this is a problem because Octave require atlas and I really need it.

I had run into this problem before.  Best I can tell, the Macports guys seems to think that it is a problem with OM, and the OM guys think that it is a Macports problem.  I have filed a couple of tickets:
OM Ticket 3030
https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/3030

Macports Ticket 46228
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46228

I have found two work arounds:
1)  Deactivate atlas, as you mentioned, before each upgrade of OM. 
sudo port -f deactivate atlas
When you do the deactivate, you can then do an upgrade of OM, and Macports will then reactivate atlas after the rebuild.  At this point, both OM and Octave seem to work fine for me.  You just have remember to redo the deactivate before any upgrade of OM. 
2)  Install "octave +accelerate" variant, instead of the default +atlas.  Then it doesn't use atlas, and seems to be working fine for me. 

Neither is ideal, but each one does seem to work.  I am not sure of the actual fix is. 

Oh, sigh... it is my understanding that accelerate might crash.

I'll give it a go.

But I have to say that indeed I didn't synchronize OM when I installed it, I thought that I would get automatically the latest release. I was surprised to see, after I reactivated atlas and reinstalled octave that doing

sudo port update outdated

OM wanted to update and didn't succeed.

At the moment when I open OM the message browser says "[1] 20:23:47 Scripting Notification sh: impact: command not found" is this normal?

I'll try the update without atlas today.

Finger crossed and wish me good luck current/smile

Marco

Yes, the warning about impact is normal. It is a package manager for Modelica, and if it is available it is used to provide more packages for loading.

The strange thing about that accelerate warning is that I googled around some and can't find any basis for it.  It sounds like a few years back Apple Accelerate may have not played well with Octave, so they started using Atlas, and it seems like that may have just remained...I haven't yet run into any problems with it, but that is only a small datapoint.
For example see this:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octa … 00296.html

Hi Dersh,

I can confirm all your thoughts on Octave and OM (OpenModelica). So far Octave it has been running stable without atlas and OM updates ok

Hi Martin,

I think it would be useful if you could update the install process page for MacPorts users with the info on Atlas presence problem

Edited by: LazyTom - Dec-28-15 15:10:56
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: