Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Ubuntu & OMEdit

Ubuntu & OMEdit

Hi all,

I wanna get started with OMEdit under Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I've added URI: http://build.openmodelica.org/apt, Distribution: release, Components: contrib in Software Sources within Synaptic Package Manager - I've installed it via Synaptic.
It's installed under Applications->Science->OMEdit but unfortunately it NEVER starts and runs.
Am I missing something?
Do you have positive experience? Any suggestion how to resolve it...

BR,
Peter

Re: Ubuntu & OMEdit

If you start it from command-line, you should see that you installed the Debian packages. Debian does not have Qt 4.7, so the application is just a placeholder. Use nightly-ubuntu for OMEdit.

I did try it and installed from nightly-ubuntu and no luck...

Ah. I should have looked a bit closer. The LTS is too old for OMEdit (run it from command-line and it should say some symbols are missing; it's due to a too old Qt version).

I run OMEdit in command line

$ OMEdit

and response is

> OMEdit not available on Debian

Yes, that's the message you get if you install the Debian packages. If you install the Ubuntu packages, OMEdit should just refuse to start due to an old Qt version.

Thanks.
Anyway, it seems I  need to play with my Ubuntu further on. Unfortunately I wanted to stick with LTS...

I upgraded my Ubuntu to 10.10 (maverick).
OMEdit runs.

Thanks for advice!

BR,
peb

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic