Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Open Modelica and commercial optimizers

Open Modelica and commercial optimizers

Hello,
I would like to know if someone already saw an application setting up a coupling between OpenModelica and commercial optimizers such as Optimus, ModelCenter or iSight.
I am wondering how to couple the two software? Basicaly, is it possible to call OpenModelica from external applications ?

Re: Open Modelica and commercial optimizers

I am assuming you want to optimize parameters.
When you create a simulation, you will create an executable file and a file containing parameters. When the executable is run it generates a .plt file containing all of the results.
So if you want to optimize parameters, you could write a program that changes the _init.txt file containing parameters, run the program and fetch the relevant result.
I'm not sure if anyone has already made such a tool, but it is possible.

It is also possible to call OpenModelica through a CORBA interface. Then you could use the simulate() and val() functions to do the things above in a simpler manner. It would be a bit slower, however (it will recompile the model for each simulation).

Re: Open Modelica and commercial optimizers

Hi

You could also look at this thread
http://www.openmodelica.org/index.php/f … pic?id=129
Regards
Mohsen

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: