Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Connecting OpenModelica to web services

Connecting OpenModelica to web services

Hi,

I want to call the omc remotely through web services and need a few pointers regarding this.

Q1: I know that I can interact with the omc remotely through CORBA like exemplified in the client found here: http://www.ida.liu.se/~adrpo/omc/corba/_java/. Do you recommend using this feature to interact with the omc from the web services?

Q2: Testing the CORBA java project in the link above it seems it is mainly used to remotely send calls to the omc, however, for my project I am interested in the omc doing some heavy computations on the server while sending the results back to the client and display it there. Is this possible? If so, what type of data or file(s) does the omc CORBA implementation return to the client? .plt files?

Would be grateful for any pointers as to how OpenModelica could be used to achieve this.

Cheers,
Vegard D.

Re: Connecting OpenModelica to web services

The CORBA API is String->String. Only. The socket interface is the same, but harder to use so I recommend CORBA.

What you can do is wrap the simulate() command for the user.
Your Java code parses the CORBA response to get name of the plt or csv file. You then use that file and present it to the user.

Re: Connecting OpenModelica to web services

Hi,

We are curently cooperating with Stuttgart university and working on making a web version of OMC, called OMWEB.
The intended usage is education and not realy yet suitable for heavy simulations.
But the system is divided into three parts
server contains the omc installtion
ECS server that connects the server to the frontend
frontend where the students are posting their source code to the server.
The communication is done in the rest format and the exercises are writen in JSON format.
More about this issue will soon be posted in the homepage.

Best Regards
Mohsen

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: