Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

co-usage of MDT and OMEdit

co-usage of MDT and OMEdit

Hallo,

both OMEdit and MDT are a great piece of code. But having the MDT editors functionality (identation and completion etc.) while having OMEdits graphical editor at the same time would be even better.

I tried opening a project in both tools.
Changing and saving the code in OMEdit, eclipse recognizes the file change an allows to update the dispayed code.
BUT vice versa (changing the code in eclipse) will not issue something like a  'source changed event'.

How do you handle this? Only use one of the tools (at a time)?

Is it planned to extend the functionality of OMEdit for a watch file process, a more powerful editor or even external editor support?

alex

Re: co-usage of MDT and OMEdit

Hi,

To your question: you can re-load the file in OMEdit manually, but that's the only way right now.
Eclipse handles changes in the workspace as it has a file change listener, we might be able
to implement something similar in OMEdit. I'll add it to the trunk/doc/OMEdit/OMEdit-wish-list.doc

Well, from my point of view we should have everything in Eclipse, using tabs in the same editor:
- code
- Modelica diagram
- uml diagram
- even OMNotebook documents
Right now all these tools are separate, but we should be able to integrate them more.
Unfortunately implementing good tools with integrated functionality is not that easy and we do not have
the resources available to do it very fast. But is it in our plan to integrate these tools better in the future.

Right now we're focusing on implementing support for full MLS 3.1 (Media & Fluid) and to be able to
simulate most of the models and then we will have more time for the editors and supporting tools.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

everything in one would be nice, but I guess a hard work to do.... (btw. is the OMEdit a java or a c++/qt application?)

OMEdit is c++/qt, SimForge is Java.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic