Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Problems connecting different imported FMI modules

Problems connecting different imported FMI modules

Hello,

- I am using the OpenModelica Connection Editor to import 4 different FMUs. The problem is the I cannot connect all the inputs to the outputs of the FMUs. Everytime few inputs/outputs wont respond and I wont be able to connect them.
- Also is it possible to create Icon for a newly created class?

The FMUs I am importing are co-simulation FMUs (64 bit). I am new to this so dont know much details about it.

I would really appreciate any help regarding the above two problems.

Thanks!

Edited by: gsmusc15@gmail.com - Jul-06-15 09:11:33

Re: Problems connecting different imported FMI modules

Did you check "Generate input connector pins" & "Generate output connector pins" (they are checked by default) when importing the FMU? If your FMU has input/output and you checked to generate pins for them then you should be able to connect them.
Note that we don't fully support the FMI co-simulation.

Yes you can create icon for your newly create class. Read more about it here https://openmodelica.org/doc/OpenModeli … apes-icons

Hello, Thanks for the reply. Because I had too many FMUs to import I tried building a simpler one. I used Visual Studio to create two FMUs manually. I used two inputs and an output in both the FMUs. And an operation inside each to perform on those inputs. I then created a new model in OMEdit and imported those two FMUs and connected them.The model checks out fine and also Instantiates. But when I simulate them I get the error

**Loading of FMU dynamic link library failed with status : UNEXPECTED**

Could you please let me know what might have gone wrong?

[Note: I am new to this so I might be completely wrong in what I just did.]

The error means that there is something wrong with your FMU dll/so.
I can't tell more without a FMU.
You could enable debug logging of the FMU. You can do this when importing the FMU or by double clicking on the FMU object. When you double click the FMU object it will open the parameters window. In the parameters window switch to FMI tab and set the "logLevel" to 6 and "debugLogging" to true. Also change the simulation output to "Formatted Text" in Tools->Options->Simulation->Output. Simulate the model again and post the output.

Adeel.

Hello Adeel,

I set the debug logging to 6 and changed the ouput to Formatted Text. This is what I got

C:/Users/*******/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenModelica/OMEdit/modell.exe -port=53029 -logFormat=xml -override=startTime=0,stopTime=1,stepSize=0.002,tolerance=1e-6,solver=dassl,outputFormat=mat,variableFilter=.* -r=modell_res.mat -dasslJacobian=coloredNumerical -w -lv=LOG_STATS
assert        | debug     |
<p>Loading of FMU dynamic link library failed with status : UNEXPECTED<br>

I have attached the FMUs together with this. So that you can check where did I go wrong.

I have build the projects in Visual Studio using the Win32 platform.

Thanks!
Gaurav.

hello
Excuse me, but could you tell me how I am going to change the debugLogging and logLevel"

best regards
Mary

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: