Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Looking for collaborators for an OpenModelica ebuild

Looking for collaborators for an OpenModelica ebuild

I'm a Gentoo Linux user who made an attempt at building OpenModelica on my system a couple of years ago which was unsuccessful. At the time, my interest was personal, but I'm now working in a project where we will actually be using Modelica, so I'd really like to get it working this time.

Beyond that, though, I think it would really help OpenModelica's uptake on Linux if there were also a Gentoo ebuild. Gentoo, for those not already familiar with it, is a source-based Linux distribution that is popular with scientists because every package is compiled on the machine it will run on, and there is considerable compile-time flexibility. All of this while at the same time being much less headache to maintain than a pure source-based Linux installation.

If there are Gentoo users here, please get in touch with me, so that we might collaborate on an up-to-date ebuild for OpenModelica.

Re: Looking for collaborators for an OpenModelica ebuild

Hello

I've been using Gentoo and OpenModelica earlier but I never made an ebuild for it. Since then I've moved away from Gentoo and I currently do not have any Gentoo installations up and running.

I used to have a build-script though, so let me know If i should look it up.

/Per Öberg

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: