Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

System reacting to user defined input during simulation runtime

System reacting to user defined input during simulation runtime

Hello, I have got replies from OpenModelica developers yesterday which had confirmed that interactive simulation to modify system parameters during simulation runtime is no longer possible with the latest version of OpenModelica.

What about the changing the inputs? A more concrete use case is as follows:
I have an external function written in C++ which controls the aircraft simulated using OpenModelica. The external control function commands during simulated runtime the simulated aircraft by changing the input variables of the system. The connection between the external control function and the simulated system is done by TCP sockets for example.

I can't find any clue as to whether this is possible with OpenModelica. Can anybody share his/her experience with me?

Thank you.

Edited by: bull - Jan-27-15 14:56:20

Re: System reacting to user defined input during simulation runtime

bull,

I am also looking for this type of solution and problem is same as yours. But how do you do the same thing at a time, Run the server from the OpenModelica via external C function and also listen at the same time ? Because when I run the server and listen from the clients on that port simulation runs and runs it does not stop. And I cant do anything in the equation of the OpenModelica model. But when I do not listen to any port then when I run the server it creates a host and port and bind them and then returns and turns off and then equation of the model works. But the thing is port is off and I cant contact with it from the outside client.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: