Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Root password for pre-installed VM

Root password for pre-installed VM

Since I work on an OSX-System, I like it very much to have the possibility of the pre-install VM https://www.openmodelica.org/download/virtual-machine. However, there is one drawback: It is not possible to use shared folders, since this requires to add the user "openmodelica" to the group "vboxsf". This is only possible if the user "openmodelica" is at the sudoers list - which is not the case.

Please would it possible to tell us the "root" password for the pre-installed VM, so that this adjustment can be done.

Thank you very much!

kind regards,

Andreas

Re: Root password for pre-installed VM

The root user has no password current/smile

The vagrant user has sudo privileges (vagrant password).

I will try to add sudo group to future VM builds.

Thank you very much! Works perfectly ;-)

kind regards Andreas

At least on the 1.9.1 release VM, there is a root password.  But, it is also vagrant.
I would also suggest that on these VMs you add openmodelica to the vboxsf group.  This does make it easier to move files in and out of the VM. 

OK. We'll see if it works in the next nightly build. The 1.9.1 release will not be updated. I try to let releases not change since the release date.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: