Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Using OpenModelica with Mac

Using OpenModelica with Mac

Hi

I am new to Open Modelica and am currently trying to install and run it on my Macbook Pro.  It said I needed to upgrade to Snow Leopard so I did all that and obtained all the other stuff that open modelica supposedly needed (i.e. xcode, etc.). 

However, whenever i try to open the shell for OM, it creates the error "bad CPU type in executable."  Otherwise when i try to open the OMShell app it comes up with an error "You can't open the application OMShell because it is not supported on this type of Mac. 

Any ideas why this is and how to fix it?  I have installed all of the necessary software, etc., that it supposedly needs.  But i believe that my mac (intel based, originally running tiger OS), is 32 bit, and maybe it needs to use 64?  Seems silly to me given the extreme amount of limited back-compatibility that offers but I cant think of what else it could be.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Using OpenModelica with Mac

Indeed, the installer requires Snow Leopard and a 64-bit Intel CPU. I'd recommend installing via macports since then you get a newer version of OpenModelica (tons of bugfixes). It probably also works on older OSX versions and CPUs (if there are any errors, run port -v install openmodelica-devel and post a log so we can fix it; I don't have access to any 32-bit Intel Macs, only G4 and 64-bit Intel).

$ file OpenModelica150/bin/omc
OpenModelica150/bin/omc: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic