Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Fluid

Fluid

Hello,

I'm a student and I started creating a program in Openmodelica. Now I would please need a little help. The program contains only a few straight pipes, fittings, a pump an a volume. Everytime when I try to simulate it there's this report which says:

[C:/OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly/lib/omlibrary/Modelica 3.2.1/Fluid/Interfaces.mo:219:5-219:64] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .Modelica.Fluid.System staticpipe1.system declared as 'outer '.
  The existing 'inner' components are:
    There are no 'inner' components defined in the model in any of the parent scopes of 'outer' component's scope: Modelica.Fluid.Pipes.StaticPipe.
  Check if you have not misspelled the 'outer' component name.
  Please declare an 'inner' component with the same name in the top scope.
  Continuing flattening by only considering the 'outer' component declaration.

But when I load one of the examples from the fluid librarie it always works and there are no declarations done about inner and outer. And by the way could please seomeone explain me the meaning of inner and outer in this case.

Thank you very much!!!

Sebastian

Re: Fluid

Read the Fluid documentation:
https://build.openmodelica.org/Document … onent.html

Basically, just drag a Fluid.System object into the model you want to simulate. Take a model like Examples.DrumBoiler. It has a component:
inner Modelica.Fluid.System system annotation(Placement(transformation(extent = {{-90, 70}, {-70, 90}})));

So you do need it current/smile

Hi Guys,

I wanted to jump in the conversation as I have similar issues with the Fluid directory.  I have a pressure source, pressure sink, orifice and two pieces of pipes to connect the pressure source and sink to the orifice.  I also include the Fluid.System object where I set the parameters such as ambient pressure and temperature.  When I try and compile the code the instantiation fails and I get a notification saying there is a bug : " Inherited elements are not identical: bug: https://trac.modelica.org/Modelica/ticket/627".

I am trying  to simulate the flow through an orifice and how by altering the orifice diameter and pressure difference the mass flow rate changes.  I am not sure why the code is not compiling.

Thank you,

Malen

Thank you very much!!! Now i fixed the first error :-)
I did what you told me but now I have another problem:

[:0:0-0:0] Error: Error occurred while flattening model Test2
[C:/OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly/lib/omlibrary/Modelica 3.2.1/Media/package.mo:4380:17-4505:25] Error: Illegal to instantiate partial class BaseProperties.

I would be very thank thankful for new suggestions :-)

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic