Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Obtaining the ODE formulation

Obtaining the ODE formulation

Hi

We are working on an optimization problem and we need to get the ODE form of the equations to be used in the optimization package. I believe that OMC converts the DAE from to ODE for passing it to the inbuilt solver.

Is there any way we can get the ODE form which the OMC passes to its inbuilt solver, 'dassl'? I have read an article which says Dymola can do it. So was wondering if that option is there for OMC

Thank you

John

Re: Obtaining the ODE formulation

Yes. After calling simulate(myModel) or buildModel(myModel), you can open myModel.cpp and see all the source code yourself. The function passed to the DASSL solver is "int functionODE()".

You could also try dumpXMLDAE(Model) function. This will dump the result of flattening to an xml file.
As far as I know, depending on some flags you can also get the ODE, but I'm not 100% sure.
I don't know if all the info about this function is present in the documentation, but if not let me
know and I'll ask the developer which implemented this functionality.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Thanks a lot, Martin. We will try this.

Adrian, We tried

dumpXMLDAE(Final_code)

and we were getting the following error

{"Xml dump error.",""}

but then we tried the

exportDAEtoMatlab(Final_code)

and it worked, but we are not able to get the ODE format...........in the documentation they have not mentioned the parameters for obtaining that. We are able to do DAE to DAE. We need to extract the intermediate ODE/state space before it is fed to the solver

Thank you

John

adrpo,

Hi adrpo,

I have 2  differential equations and I want to initialize them, can you help me, please

Code:

der(T1) = (q_punto_r_g_sky + q_r_g_gr * (Ta - T1) + q_conv_g * (Ta - T1) - q_cd_g_pv * (T1 - T2) + alfa_fg * G * Ag) * (1 / Cg);
  der(T2) = (q_cd_g_pv * (T1 - T2) - q_cd_pv_ted * (T2 - T3) + (tau_fg * alfa_pv - eta) * G * Apv + tau_fg * alfa_eva * G * (Ag - Apv)) * (1 / Cpv);

Edited by: Abderezakabidi - May-02-20 16:49:34
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: