Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

FMU to S-function

FMU to S-function

Hello everyone,
I’m working on a specific model exchange between OpenModelica and Matlab/Simulink. I already read something about FMI (FMU) on internet but I didn’t find any tutorial how to sole that task. Does anyone have some tips for this problem?
Thanks,
Lala
_________________________________________________________________________________
I suppose you are using OMEdit.

Create your model and then export it as an FMU. From the menu FMI->export FMU.

Adeel.
_________________________________________________________________________________
First of all, thanks for replaying.
I already found this function in OMEdit and that’s why I want to try my models in Matlab/Simulink. But the question is that do I have to change the C code (prepare it for S-function) or OMEdit and FMI standard does all work for me? I know that FMI generates C code and FMU but can Simulink (S-function) read this code or there is need to do some changes? It means, if I don’t have to do any changes, only need is just to call S-function (C code) in Matlab/Simulink and simulation is going to work.
Many thanks,
Lala

Re: FMU to S-function

Hi,

I don't know of such functionality being available except in Dymola were you can export a model to an S-function (as far as i know).
Can Simulink import an FMI?

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Dymola already has that function. I hoped so that OM can do the same but OM is an open-source and of course it is not that perfect like commercial versions. Only thing that I want to do is not to make universal model translator between OMEdit and Simulink, but to translate just a model that I made in OMEdit. Hope so that FMI can help me with this, because it generates some code that can be used in Simulink. I’m not an expert in Simulink (not in OM, too) and I’m thankful to anyone who can give me some tips or who has some experience with this.
Cheers,
Lala

There is an add-on for Matlab by Modelon. You can find it here:  http://www.modelon.com/products/fmi-toolbox-for-matlab/. It is supposed to enable FMU importing into Simulink.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: