Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

SimForge configuration under Ubuntu 10.4 (Path settings for OMC)

SimForge configuration under Ubuntu 10.4 (Path settings for OMC)

Hallo,

I was unable to determine the path of the OpenModelicaHome, the OpenMoelicaLibrary and the LD_Library_Path .

To install the OpenModelica, I followed the discription from www.openmoidelica.org which can be found http://www.openmodelica.org/index.php/d … load-linux .

After that I downloaded the SimForge.jar and tried to install it with java -jar SimForge.jar which actually worked, except for the questions where to find :

OpenModelicaHome
OpenMoelicaLibrary
LD_Library_Path

By trying to find them I thought the binary is located in /usr/bin, the library in /usr/share/omlibrary/modelicalib/Modelica and the same for the LD_Library_Path

Which is obviously wrong, since errors occur  after starting SimForge, telling me that the paths are not correct ...

Does anybody know the right settings ?

Thank you for your help.

Greetings lrohr

Re: SimForge configuration under Ubuntu 10.4 (Path settings for OMC)

It's weird that SimForge doesn't at least read the environment variables to set it up automatically.

Use your $OPENMODELICAHOME and $OPENMODELICALIBRARY
/usr and /usr/share/omlibrary/modelicalib by default. Note that it asks for the path containing bin/omc, and that modelicalib contains more libraries than just MSL2.2.

However, it seems SimForge needs LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the Windows version to work. The Linux version of omc does not use libmico, since it's not part of the Ubuntu distribution.

sjoelund.se wrote:

It's weird that SimForge doesn't at least read the environment variables to set it up automatically.

Use your $OPENMODELICAHOME and $OPENMODELICALIBRARY
/usr and /usr/share/omlibrary/modelicalib by default. Note that it asks for the path containing bin/omc, and that modelicalib contains more libraries than just MSL2.2.

However, it seems SimForge needs LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the Windows version to work. The Linux version of omc does not use libmico, since it's not part of the Ubuntu distribution.

Thank you for your quick answer it solves some of the problems. The OPENMODELICAHOME and the OPENMODELICALIBRARY are checked correct from the SimForge GUI.

But the check failed with the result that libmico.so couldn't be found (the other two are good).

The command "find -name libmico.so" in the dir / ends with no success. So I guess you're right this file doesn't exist on ubuntu, but how can I tell this SimForge current/smile

Thank you again for your quick help

Greetings
lrohr

I'd guess "touch /usr/local/lib/libmico.so" would suffice.

Hi yap looks like this works. No Errors I also can start a project.

Have to play around with it for some time to get used to it. I worked already with Dymola which looks a bit different. So maybe tomorrow I find the time to try some simple examples.

Thanks a lot, maybe someone can write it in the installation howto, maybe it helps someone else...

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: