Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

MDT installation fails

MDT installation fails

Hello,
I am trying to use MDT 0.7.33 under eclipse 3.8.0 in debian 3.2.0-4-amd64. The installation run smoothly as described here: https://www.openmodelica.org/index.php/home/tools/133
omc is installed with synaptic (openmodelica 18573-1)

I started eclipse with

Code:

export OPENMODELICAHOME=/usr/; export OPENMODELICALIBRARY=/usr/; eclipse

When creating a project, then a package, then a class and putting the curser into the class, eclipse shows at the bottom "OpenModelica compiler null is Online" thus no connection to the compiler.
When activating the console-tab the first lines suggest, that there is, however, a connection to the compiler:
Welcome to Modelica Development Tooling (MDT) Console
You can send commands to OMC from here.
Type !help for help.
omc>

In the terminal output from which eclipse was started, copied below, one can see, that the omc was found (/usr/bin/omc is indeed the executable). However, there appears an issue in the /tmp file. I can confirm, that "/tmp/openmodelica.josef.objid.mdt" does not exist.
I do not have an environment variable $TEMP or the like. Also in $PATH, there is no temp directory set. Do I have to set something more in eclipse (e.g. in run or debug configurations or window->preferences->modelica)?

Code:

[i]OMCSTATUS: Will look for OMC object reference in '/tmp/openmodelica.josef.objid.mdt'. 

OMCSTATUS: No OMC object reference found, starting server.
OMCSTATUS: Using OPENMODELICAHOME environment variable to find omc-binary
OMCSTATUS: Using omc-binary at '/usr/bin/omc'
OMCSTATUS: Using working directory '/tmp'
OMCSTATUS: Will look for OMC object reference in '/tmp/openmodelica.josef.objid.mdt'.
OMCSTATUS: Running command: /usr/bin/omc +c=mdt +d=interactiveCorba 
OMCSTATUS: Setting working directory to: /tmp
OMCSTATUS: Command run successfully.
OMCSTATUS: Waiting for OMC CORBA object reference to appear on disk.

Execution failed!
OMCSTATUS: Will look for OMC object reference in '/tmp/openmodelica.josef.objid.mdt'.
OMCSTATUS: No OMC object reference found, starting server.
OMCSTATUS: The OMC Corba object reference file has not been modified in 100 seconds; we give up starting OMC.
Unable to parse list: Empty list: []
Unable to parse list: Empty list: []
Unable to parse list: Empty list: [][/i]

Any ideas where to start to search for fixing that issue?
al

Edited by: alberich - Jan-19-14 00:55:14
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic