Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OpenModelica on ARM Architecture

OpenModelica on ARM Architecture

Hos to build OpenModelica on ARM Cortex-M9?
I tried to build OpenModelica on ARM Cortex M9 with Ubuntu and followed the instructions at https://openmodelica.org/svn/OpenModeli … .Linux.txt

The command 'sudo apt-get build-dep openmodelica' fails because the rml-mmc package cannot be found.

The 'rml-mmc' package ist not available for ARM architecture and unfortunately I am unable to build it from source because there is no configuration for ARM available.

Thanks for your help!

Re: OpenModelica on ARM Architecture

You can install each of the dependencies except rml-mmc if you like:
apt-cache showsrc openmodelica | grep -i Build-Depends | tail -1

Then at ./configure, use bootstrapping:
./configure [...] --without-rml --without-omc

Thanks for the proposal, but as far as I know OMC is the OpenModelica Compiler.
Will I be able to create and Compile Models  if I call the configure script with the option --without-omc. Or will I only be able to compile/link the C-Sourcefiles from the OpenModelica Temp folder created on a Windows PC on my Linux machine? That is what I did before the requirement came up to create Models on ARM/Linux.

--without-omc just means it won't try to detect an already installed omc for bootstrapping. It will still compile omc.

Now I get a little further but there are two more issues:
1) Building shared libraries failed because the -fPIC option is not set in the Makefiles. I added it manually to the configure script, but I am not sure if this is the recommended solution.
2) The build stops with the error
CMake Error at common/cmake/FindDBUS.cmake:18 (MESSAGE):
  Could not find dbus DBUS_INCLUDE_LIB_DIR-NOTFOUND

I found some hints to pass --disable-modelica3d to the configure script, but configure itself says says in its help that there is an option --enable-modelica3d=yes, so the default should be disable-modelica3d.

What should I do to proceed?

No, the default is modelica3d enabled. Why modify the configure script for -fPIC though? Just pass it through CFLAGS.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: