Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Sulzer685

Can anyone advise me on how to add a pressure relief valve for a fluid system into a model, using the Modelica Standard Library? It will pick up from the pump discharge side and return the flow to the suction side.

Thanks,

Calum

Thanks. I downloaded MBL and have had a go at using the pump models from that. Can't seem to get that to work either but I'll persevere.

I've been tearing my hair out trying to learn how to use OpenModelica for the last week as I need to use it for a university project. I'm trying to model a fuel system testbed and have had some success with FuelSystem1.mo (attached), however there's some disparity between the simulated measurements and those from the physical system. This is likely down to a number of things and there of course are a lot of things I don't fully understand in OM yet, but I thought a good starting point to improving it would be to use a better pump.

FuelSystem1 uses a controlled pump with a nominal mass flow rate of 0.0316 kg/s, a measurement which was taken from the physical testbed during normal operating conditions. I think this parameter should be an output of the model rather than an input, and may be partly why the results are off. I tried to replace the pump by adding in a prescribed pump and defining the flow characteristics according to the manufacturer's data for the physical pump (see FuelSystem3, attached). The equations/variables for the system are balanced but I can't get it to successfully run a simulation - what can I do to fix this?

Any other tips that might help me develop my model and better understand Modelica would be greatly appreciated!

Might be worth adding - there's supposed to be two flow sensors, one between pipes 13 & 20 and the other between 18 & 19. These were again preventing the system from running a successful simulation, I've no idea how.

Cheers,

Calum
FuelSystem3.mo

FuelSystem1.mo

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Sulzer685
You are here: