Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » tjaeger

Jul-06-21 13:20:24
Advise - library fluid models

Got it. Sort of figured it out along the way. Just a little slow on catching on.

many thanks,

Jun-30-21 19:17:15

Hey Carlos,

The below listed do actually, or go into my model? Will this work and not cause any issues? Thought I need to define these in the package..

parameter Medium.Temperature T=300;
  parameter Medium.AbsolutePressure p=2e5;
  parameter Real ssr=100;
  Medium.ThermodynamicState state;
  Medium.DynamicViscosity eta;
equation
  state=Medium.setState_pTX(p,T);
  eta=Medium.dynamicViscosity(state,ssr);

Jun-29-21 22:12:24

Thanks Carlos,

I will try to get started with the Linear Medium, following your guidance. Got to get use to h, s, etc. See about density, etc.

Thanks !

Jun-29-21 12:54:27

Hi Carlos,

thanks for the excellent explanation. I think that utilizing a pure substance might not be a bad idea and might get me closer. I assume that I need to figure out the 'modification' of the dynamicViscosity function to add the shear rate, which would need to be done.
In addition, I think I would have to chose a pure substance that allows me to start with 'higher' density fluid. Assuming I would have to change / update MolarMass and / or the reference density.
many thanks,

Jun-25-21 13:18:17

Dear Modelica team,

I am looking to find a 'non-Newtonian' Media / fluid to use in my simulation. I am very much an entry level user and while reading up about the fluids, methods, ways I do not think that I would be able to create this myself.

I have seen various posts, in which companies / developers have programmed 'non-Newtonian fluid; in Modelica, but I belief that the created packages are likely proprietary.

https://2018.american.conference.modeli … ons_26.pdf

Any advise, direction or help is highly appreciated.

many thanks,
Tom

Jun-22-21 12:35:22
Create a new medium model with TemplateMedium

Thanks for the response and advise. Much appreciated.

I will try to implement the same and see how it does. I do plan to use a more complicated fluid / medium, but was trying to start with small steps.

I used to work with Simulation X which had a 'Wizard' to create a new medium / fluid that could be named, referenced and used later. The OpenModelica ways are still very new to me. Assume I will have to write the definitions of the new fluid directly into my model and remove all reference to other medium / fluids.
many thanks,
Thomas

Jun-18-21 18:50:03
Create a new medium model with TemplateMedium

Have you ever gotten feedback, input or found a solution? I am facing the very same problem and error.

Aug-28-20 21:01:16
Dear team. used a more commercial product some time ago. Love modelica. I am trying to build pipe...

When I am running the system without a valve it is working fine. As soon as I am adding any valve I am getting error messages. Interesting as well none of the provided examples under Fluids, which include any valve do work.

Attached is my basic model. Any help is appreciated. Have tried to change initial states, pressures, temperatures. I do get different kind of errors depending on which fluid I use.

Really, really appreciate for any hints, help and direction.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » tjaeger
You are here: