Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » pschmid3

Jun-07-20 19:48:42
Installation error

Hello,

I am a long time Simulink user wanting to learn Open Modelica. I find the available tutorials unhelpful for a new user, including the spoken tutorials that are highlighted on the main site. I have tried to build a model assuming drag and drop functionality into a new composite model file, which does not yield working results ( the model elements do not appear as graphics, but rather as boxes with the name as a label)

I guess I need an "explain it like I am 5" type approach with very specific, step by step instructions. I want to use this as a transition from Simulink with my students, but could not possibly proceed with the available resources.

The icons for categorizing this string are not intuitive to me. A mouse hover label would be helpful here.

I also had broken links installed with the Windows version. Several pdf files were not connected properly, and one was missing entirely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Index
  • » Users
  • » pschmid3
You are here: