Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Ajax

May-12-21 12:29:24
Looking for a way to optimize a parameter of a Modelica model (OMOptim, OMPython,...)

Hi folks,

I am currently looking for a possibility to perform a static parameter sweep optimization on a Modelica model. I've started with the onboard OMOptim tool. Unfortunatly, it seems like the tool itself as well as the documentation are no longer maintained. For OM v1.17, I couldn't manage to get it started at all, while for OM v1.16, the tool does work for me, but I can't define a optimization problem, since no parameters appear in the list of variables after loading the model according to the documentation.

My questions:

1) Does OMOptim generally not work in the new versions or is the error on my side? I've inculded the very basic model which
I've used for testing OMOptim. It inculdes a single parameter (Param) and a single objective to be minimized (Error.y)

OptimTest.mo

2) If OMOptim is not longer maintained/used by the community, what is the current "state of the art" for solving such a optimization problem with OpenModelica? Do you use the Python or the Matlab interface?

Thank you very very much for your help!!

Cheers

Dec-17-20 15:03:47
Searching for a 3D LuT-block or function for trilinear interpolation. Is it possible to use...

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!

a) I've been following the discussion on GitHub, seems to me like the integration of a ND table can't be expected in the nearer future, but I will follow on the topic!
b) Thanks a lot for hinting matrixop.c, I will give this a go and report the results if I get it working. I would also love to spend the time to develop my own c library but unfortunatly, I am a quite in a hurry (end of the thesis is coming faster as expected current/big_smile).

Dec-17-20 13:10:34
Searching for a 3D LuT-block or function for trilinear interpolation. Is it possible to use...

Hi all,

I am currently working on a Library for Battery Module Simulation. In this context I am looking for a function (or a block) comparable to Matlab's "interp3" which gives me a solution for y = f(x1, x2, x3). I have succeeded building my own modelica function but it did not quite match the performance requirements. In order to achieve a better performance, I investigated the usage of external C functions but I could not manage to get it working (I am a absolute beginner to C coding, so thats probably an issue).

Apart from building my own function and trying to implement a external c function, I was also investigating in Packages, which already offer a ND-Table. My investigation lead me to the SDF and the DataFiles Package both available in Dymola. SDF does not really match my requirements but the DataFiles package showed promising results with my Dymola trial version.

Now my questions:

a) Does anybody know a way apart from the mentioned to implement 3D interpolation in OpenModelica?
b) Is it possible to use the DataFiles Package in OpenModelica? I easily managed to open the library in OpenModelica but I have no clue how to establish the connection from the used "interpolate"-function to the underlying C library.

I am really stuck with this topic, I would really appreciated some help!current/smile

Cheers!!

Jun-27-20 15:36:41
Errors occuring during export of a model with unexpanded parameter-arrays as a FMU

Thanks for your Qick Reply!

So I guess, when it comes to exporting FMUs out of Modelica, unexpanded arrays as parameters are not allowed, because the compiler can not determine the size of the array during compilation and it is not possible to keep the size uncertain and in dependence of the usage of the FMU in another software?

Jun-26-20 09:38:22
Errors occuring during export of a model with unexpanded parameter-arrays as a FMU

Hi guys and girls,

Recently, I tried to export a Modelica-model as a FMU. The model included a set of parameters which come as unexpanded arrays (e.g: parameter Real Example[:,:]).
OpenModelica was not abel to finish the export showing the error message: "Failed to deduce dimension of ..... due to missing binding equation".

My question is: Does anybody have a solution for this issue or is this just a fact that I have to live with?

Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

Context: During the last year, I've worked on a library for stationary battery systems with strong emphasis on cell-to-cell behavior variations caused by statistical parameter distribution.

Problem: The compilation of the examplary model  causes the  error "gcc.exe error: No such file or directory". This is rather confusing to me since the exact same model (completely identical, tested with a code comparer) with the only difference, that it is not integrated in the library (stand-alone .mo-file) causes no error. Also all other models which are integrated in the library structure (even in the same subpackage) are working fine.

Did somebody ever come across a comparable problem?

I am using OpenModelica 1.3 (I also tried the new 1.4., same issue) on Windows.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Ajax
You are here: