Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » C1Ron

Jul-15-19 13:18:29
Where to find details for OM compatibility of DXF/STL file for e.g....

When exporting/saving DXF files or STL files from common 3D CAD tools, e.g. Solidworks, there are a lot of possibilities to choose from.
For the DXF case, I was not able to choose suitable settings for it to work in OpenModelica.
The STL file would be shown, but my coordinate system did not have any effect in the OM visualization.

Where can I find details for which settings to choose for the exported file to be compatible with OM interpreter ?
Also, for the DXF, there are many versions to choose from. Which version should I choose ?

Jul-11-19 11:31:12
Is it possible to plot workspace variables without saving them to a file first ?

When working with OMShell, you can define variables and use common functions in a similar format as other high-level languages, e.g.

Code:

x := -3:0.1:3;
y := tan(x);

Is it possible to plot these "on the fly" ?

Jul-08-19 16:53:54
How to extract certain variables from a .mat file and to write those to a .csv file from the...
Category: Programming

After running simulation with resultfile "mySim_res.mat", how can I extract certain variables/parameters from that file and then write these to a csv file ?
I tried

filterSimulationResults("mySim_res.mat", "myCSV.csv", "x")

but get no output, neither true or false...

BTW, I use Windows 10, and the simulation is carried out using the OMShell - simulate-command

EDIT #1
I found that you can extract data from your simulation using "readSimulationResult". E.g.

simData := readSimulationResult("filename.mat", {var1, ..., varN})

and then write values to a csv file using

writeFile("filename.csv", simData)

where the "simData" must be a string with proper format...

• Index
  • » Users
  • » C1Ron
You are here: