Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » schumacherlen

Apr-11-18 11:02:53
Problem with implementing new solver
Category: Developer

Hello

thanks for the quick answer.

I am currently working on implementing one (or more) CPU-parallelized solver into IDA to see if I can gain any speedups in circuit simulation. However, I am still working on getting test models large enough to receive speedups over KLU or LAPACK. I would first like to test the security and robustness of my implementation before I upload anything to GitHub.

Best Regards,
Lennart

Apr-10-18 12:31:10
Problem with implementing new solver
Category: Developer

Good day!

I am currently working on integrating an additional linear solver into OpenModelica/Ida. However, I have encountered a couple of problems doing so and I'd like to ask a question.

First of all, it seems to be that you have to integrate the linear solver into two distinct places. The integration into Sundials/Ida in OMCompiler/3rdParty/sundials/idas is quite straightforward and works fine. However, there is another module called "linearSystem" in OMCompiler/SimulationRuntime/c/simulation/solver, in which you basically implement every (linear and non-linear) solver again. Why is that? Why does one have to implement a linear solver twice (once in 3rdParty/sundials and once in SimulationRuntime)?
For instance, the linear solver KLU is integrated in 3rdParty/sundials/src/idas/idas_klu and in SimulationRuntime/c/simulation/solver/linearSolverKlu. It seems that both are called during runtime, but I want to ask you whether you know more about this topic.

Thanks

• Index
  • » Users
  • » schumacherlen
You are here: