Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » mike_legobi

mike_legobi wrote:

adrpo wrote:

See eclipse.ini where eclipse.exe is, i think you can change the path in there.
Have a look here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini#-v … ws_Example

Thanks adrpo,

I followed  the guidance on that webpage, and changed the vm path.
I still get the error message, but at least it does now refer to the vm path that I added.
I think that narrows down the root cause, to the fact that I am using a 64bit version of eclipse, and a 32bit version of java - when I need a 64bit version of java.
I will try and install 64bit java onto the memory stick tonight.

UPDATE:

I installed a 64bit version of java (must be v1.6), and updated the eclipse.ini file, and everything now loads ok from the memory stick.
Thanks for your help, adrpo

adrpo wrote:

See eclipse.ini where eclipse.exe is, i think you can change the path in there.
Have a look here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini#-v … ws_Example

Thanks adrpo,

I followed  the guidance on that webpage, and changed the vm path.
I still get the error message, but at least it does now refer to the vm path that I added.
I think that narrows down the root cause, to the fact that I am using a 64bit version of eclipse, and a 32bit version of java - when I need a 64bit version of java.
I will try and install 64bit java onto the memory stick tonight.

Hi,

I downloaded the file, and unzipped the contents to a memory stick.
Eclipse opens ok, when I use this memory stick with my personal desktop, and personal laptop.
However if I try to use the memory stick with my work laptop, I get an error message about 'no java virtual machine was found after searching ....eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exe

Is this an issue caused by eclipse expecting a 64bit version of java, but finding only a 32bit version on my work laptop?
I have tried various approaches including pasting a 64 bit version of java into the eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exe path, but with no success.

is there some setting within eclipse that I can modify to change the eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exe path?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks. 

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mike_legobi
You are here: