Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Shinichi17

May-30-17 12:14:59
Hi I am a newbie, hoping to achieve simulation of brayton cycle in OpenModelica.
Category: Programming

Hello, I am trying to model Brayton cycle. The problem is, it seems in Open Modelica it is not possible to use existing models to make new packages or new models.
I tried to model the cycle in a new package by dropping components from ThermoPower Library. Is it possible to use components from existing libraries(ThermoPower & Modelica.Thermal packages)?

Here is the code:

package brayton1

extends Modelica.Icons.Package;

extends ThermoPower.PowerPlants.GasTurbine.Examples.GasTurbineSimplified;

extends Modelica.Fluid.Examples.HeatExchanger.HeatExchangerSimulation;

extends ThermoPower.Gas.Compressor ;

annotation(
    Documentation(info = "This package tries to implement the brayton cycle simulation with the help of 4 basic componenets -Source, Sink, Compressor, Turbine.

Let's see how far it goes..."));
end brayton1;

Here is the list of errors I am getting:

[1] 17:23:55 Translation Error
Cannot instantiate bsr_brayton1 due to class specialization PACKAGE.

[2] 17:23:55 Translation Notification
[ThermoPower.Gas: 2956:7-2956:63]: From here:

[3] 17:23:55 Translation Error
[Modelica.Fluid.Examples.HeatExchanger: 74:5-76:35]: Duplicate elements (due to inherited elements) not identical:
  first element is:  outer .ThermoPower.System system "System wide properties"
  second element is: inner .Modelica.Fluid.System system(energyDynamics = Modelica.Fluid.Types.Dynamics.SteadyStateInitial, use_eps_Re = true)

[4] 17:23:55 Translation Error
Error occurred while flattening model bsr_brayton1

Someone help me please.

May-23-17 17:23:10
Hi All, I am drafting a Brayton Cycle model for simulation in OpenModelica, I have used...
Category: Developer

Hi  l3oo321,
First off,  thank You for your timely help. Secondly, the library I was talking about was "ThermoPower" library. But now, I actually have an issue with thermocycle library. Has a compatible version been released yet? Sorry for the confusion.

Here is the statement I am getting from OMEditor when i add Thermo/cycle library and restart the OMEditor:

[1] 22:20:47 Scripting Warning
Requested package Modelica of version 3.2.1, but this package was already loaded with version 3.2.2. You might experience problems if these versions are incompatible.

[2] 22:20:49 Scripting Warning
Requested package Modelica of version 3.2, but this package was already loaded with version 3.2.2. You might experience problems if these versions are incompatible.

[3] 22:20:52 Scripting Warning
Requested package Modelica of version 3.2, but this package was already loaded with version 3.2.2. You might experience problems if these versions are incompatible.

[4] 22:21:00 Grammar Warning
[C:/OpenModelica1.11.0-64bit/lib/omlibrary/Modelica_LinearSystems2 2.3.4/package.order: 0:0-0:0]: The package.order file does not list all .mo files and directories (containing package.mo) present in its directory.
Missing names are:
        WorkInProgress

[5] 22:21:00 Scripting Warning
Requested package Modelica of version 2.2.1, but this package was already loaded with version 3.2.2. You might experience problems if these versions are incompatible.

[6] 22:21:01 Scripting Warning
Requested package Modelica of version 3.2.1, but this package was already loaded with version 3.2.2. You might experience problems if these versions are incompatible.

[7] 22:21:02 Scripting Warning

Thanks.

May-19-17 10:41:53
Hi All, I am drafting a Brayton Cycle model for simulation in OpenModelica, I have used...
Category: Developer

Hi Adrpo,

I am new to OpenModelica.I have installed OpenModelica version 1.11.0

I recently downloaded the libraries and added them with UTF-8 encoding. I also installed the ExternalMedia library as per your comment.I am getting following warning for adding ExternalMedia library:

[2] 15:40:43 Scripting Warning

Also, after adding ExternalMedia Library I am not able to simulate the ThermoPower library  and am having the following error:

Cannot instantiate ExternalMedia due to class specialization PACKAGE.

Help me, please.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Shinichi17
You are here: