Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » peter_pan

May-29-17 10:51:43
Category: Programming

Hello, i have just recently started to use Modelica. I am mostly interested in solving large systems of ordinary equations. For this reason i took a look at the scalable test suite.

Now there is one thing i do not quite understand. As far as I know, many problems result in DAEs that can not be solved by standard ODE solvers. Still i can choose the euler solver for every problem and the simulation will run.

Now my questions are:
How can I see whether a problem can be solved by an ODE solver?
Can every Modelica-Dae be converted to an ODE?
If not, what happens if i try to simulate a DAE with an ODE-solver?

Apr-17-17 22:23:40

Hi, i have downloaded the Scalable Modelica  Test Suite ("https://github.com/casella/ScalableTestSuite")

Now I want to generate SImulation Code for one of the problems (Stringwith N = 64) via omc compiler.

How can I do this?

When i use the compiler directly on the provided model-file no equations are generated.

Mar-31-17 14:59:27

Hello,

I am completely new to OpenModelica and wanted to know whether ( and if so - how) it is possible to export C Code of equations that can be used in other applications.
For now i have used the omc-Compiler to generate C Code, but it doesnt look like i can easily integrate it into another application,

My goal is to create Problems that can be expressed as ODE in Modelica but solve the equation with a custom library.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » peter_pan
You are here: